How do I adjust JSP Maltmill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBaGZ

Reaction score
So I picked up a JSP Maltmill last week on CL. I just took some feeler gauges to it and the gap is like .045. Isn't that going to be too wide? I looked around online a little, but couldn't really come up with instructions. Can anyone give me a little bit of guidance on how to adjust it, please?

image-3115127489.jpg

image-332352504.jpg

image-3871199706.jpg

.045 is pretty normal if I am thinking correctly... from the looks of your pictures with the gearing (which I believe is only available on their model A version which is adjustable on one side) I would turn the knob on the opposite end of the gears and use your feeler gauge to determine which way opens and closes the gap. Just know that the gap closest to the gears are going to be close to .045 no matter what the other end is set to.

So just turn the knob and it adjusts? It's not a loosen and slide then re-tighten set up? I figured that this model only adjusts on the one end. The hopper has a baffle that pushes the grain towards the end without the gears so that is fine. I am going to be doing BIAB so I want to mill on the finer side of things.

Back