How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I'm not sure how I initially found you, probably Googled a brewing question like I did today. When I went to register, apparently I had already done so a couple of years ago. Whoops! I am brewing a little more often now, so I will probably be more active on the page.

Wait.... where is here and how did I get here?

kungfu.png

This site came up as a result in a search using startpage. Haven't had much time to look around but just saw that there is also a meat prep thread. Meat and beer making in one place. That's so beautiful, it brings a tear to my eye.

Google Searching. Because I just dont stick with one source. Unlike the youtuber I was watching thinks.

you can strain your grain through a PVC manifold, a stainless bazooka, tube, some people, crazy as it may seem just use bags! point is there's a lot of ways to make barley tea, and "spoil it" :mug:

Thats what I love about this hobby. It isn't just do this and be done. Its do this, experiement, and see what you get. And now that I have moved outside of what got me into this. I now need more. Like a alcoholic, I need to get them fermentables!!!!
And how we do it? Well, from what I know, sanitized to hell and back. XD

The spoilages are the rewards. mmmm

Well, from what I know, sanitized to hell and back. XD

The spoilages are the rewards. mmmm

i'd hate to step outside accepted norms, when ever i've tried sanitize to hell route....i get sour beer...i'm scared to sanitize, i just use my plastic fermenter for my sparge water and call it my pasturization step.....

i can tell it's "dusty", but at least it's not sour!

XD I am coming from making wine/mead started last year.
So based on the youtubers i have watched. And what I have researched, people make the BIGGEST deal over the sanitization. So right now, I am scared to death to even breathe on the damn thing. (THough I have calmed down since, afterall C02 and all.)
I am using a beer kit, hence me being here at the forums. And yeah, I sanitized the hell out of that as well. Only for me to still make a mistake. (In the beer for newbs section)

XD I am coming from making wine/mead started last year.
So based on the youtubers i have watched. And what I have researched, people make the BIGGEST deal over the sanitization. So right now, I am scared to death to even breathe on the damn thing. (THough I have calmed down since, afterall C02 and all.)
I am using a beer kit, hence me being here at the forums. And yeah, I sanitized the hell out of that as well. Only for me to still make a mistake. (In the beer for newbs section)

let me point you too another thread...just to get you onto the right foot about some of us here....

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/thread...ng-your-brew-equipment-⁰.684955/#post-8978625
LOL, hell....

Welcome! :mug:

Please let us know how you found HomeBrewTalk.com ....

I was looking for alternate ways to brew beer and I came across this website. I still havent found an alternate for the one way exhaust. Mainly because its so expensive and I have to have it shipped which will take 2 months.

Welcome! :mug:

Please let us know how you found HomeBrewTalk.com ....
I'm doing a school project, expanding a hobby was the topic. I choose homebrew, it got approved. As part of the assignment l needed to join a board/forum about my hobby. Googled homebrew communities.

I found you guys by doing a random search on homebrews.

I tend to do 1 gallon batches of beer, just gone over to all grain and have just started making wine also.

So am pretty new to brewing but find it abit addictive and good fun

Found you folks just browsing the web when looking for tips on making my very first homebrew. Having been a big beer lover for the past 25 years I thought I had better take the plunge and see if I could make something worthwhile. Bought my basic brewing kit last week and have a St Peters Ruby Red ale fermenting as I write this. Been consuming as much information as I can and having a blast while doing it. This looks like the best place to meet seasoned brewers who hopefully will be able to answer my queries as they crop up! Anyway, nice to meet everyone, I'm Neil from Scotland.

Just by luck! I was looking for some recipes. I'm glad I found the forum. I have home brewed some 1 gallon batches and now starting to brew some 5 gal AG batches. Hoping to open a small nano brewery in a few years.

I was searching for an apple pie cider recipe. Been a while since I last made any homebrew. Think it was roughly 2004.

Googling questions about making cider and mead. This forum always topped the list of results. I joined Brewer's Friend as well, but it kinda sucks compared to here.

Back