How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my first couple batches, it seemed like when I googled to find the answer to one of my questions, 90% of the time the first relevant link would be from some website called "homebrewtalk.com". And usually it had the info I was looking for. After enough times of that, I started to recognize and remember the name, and eventually I just started going here directly instead of bothering to plug it into Google. I only broaden my search to the whole web if I am not happy with the answer I find here and/or want to get another perspective (usually if I am trying to get as many examples of a particular recipe type)

The same thing happened in regards to stackunderflow.com, only this time as a programmer rather than a homebrewer. I started to notice that most of the time when I googled for a programming question, the most direct and helpful answer was coming from the same website again and again.

This site is well indexed in Google. Seems every question I was asking led to some discussion here. The final straw for joining was all the kegerator and keezer threads. Love to learn from those who have gone before!

Like others, searching for a Phil's Phalse bottom on Google. Hooked me right in, will probably save me a bunch of money!!

Bob
Dexter Orygun

We were using HBT under the moniker "HappyHeadBrew." However, we have changed our name to Bright Spot Brewing, and so now I've got to rebuild all my cred! I'm planning on upgrading my account within the next month or so :)

We were using HBT under the moniker "HappyHeadBrew." However, we have changed our name to Bright Spot Brewing, and so now I've got to rebuild all my cred! I'm planning on upgrading my account within the next month or so :)

ahh, too bad.
If you had ponied-up before the name change, you could change your name and keep the cred

welcome 'back?'

I typed in a search engine how not to @#$% up a homebrew and voila.....there you were waiting for me!...and with you all's help, I won't.

Thanks

A lot of Google searching for homebrewing, Recipes and equipment with a tendancy towards Do it Yourselfers!

I Googled Homebrewing stuff and was looking around for advice and found the site pretty quickly. I love reading forums and blogs and with my knew hobby this place is great. It rocks that there is such a great website with such a wealth of knowledge and such enthusiastic users.

Cheers! :mug:

I kept coming up with questions related to brewing after buying a couple books, this website pretty much always was the first listing on google and it had the most answers and often answered other questions I had before I needed to ask them... Now I just come here and skip google.

...so then I had to explain to the fire fighters why I smelled like fish. I decided I need help with my little project, and what better place to get truthful, unbiased information than the Interweb. Then a feller from another kind of Interweb forum over yonder mentioned your deal you all got goin' on over here, so I figured I oughtta check out yer homebrewin' deal. It's a nice place and all, but I think I smell fish here, too...

I googled beer brewing forums and found that I preferred this forum.

I youtubed a bunch of all grain vids and found myself laughing hysterically at Lonnie and his Brutus 10 when he was having a smoke and drinking a can of beer. I saw that he has posted here and is a member.

Latest posts

Back