How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depressed from my decision to sell my brewing set-up(and the brew already set up) before moving, now, 6 months later, wanting to get started again, I went to google. I am not the best on the internet, so it took me a while to find this. This is the best...the only...site for information. A thank you towards everyone I have read and followed, once im done reading the wealth of info here, I can only hope to be has diverse of a brewer as the people here. I will be! haha! Thanks again....

Wait, I have brewed lagers/stouts/ales(in that order), meads, and ciders with success, but this site will perfect those. I am brewing the Ed Wort brand, and a wild raspberry(wingin it) wine now. These are the only two batches i've been involved with for a while. I am between jobs, so my pictures to come should supply laughs and vomit. haha

All the Best

Eb

2 different members of legacygt.com recommended this site. In fact no one else mentioned any other forum, so homebrewtalk.com wons hands down.

I'm still very much a beginner as I was doing Mr. Beer kits for the last year and just recently switched to a 5 gal bucket setup. My second attempt is in the secondary.

There was a homebrew discussion on a general-interest board I read with a link here.

I consulted the little troll that lives in my airlock(you know! the one who determines how much alcohol the beer will have!)

He recommended this site......and so did google.

On my quest to use this 2lbs of Peruvian cocao beans to make the best damn chocolate stout

I started brewing with my dad who has been brewing for years and was looking for a site to get good tips and learn about home brewing. I just did a search on Google, thought this was the best place for this and here I am. I look forward to talking to people and trading tips and ideas.

I was looking for information on how to build a stir plate... and once I saw Yuri's design, and so many comments and ideas from different people, I knew that I was hooked. I am hoping, after Christmas shopping is over, to have enough money left to get a lifetime membership. That, or I will ask the wife for it for Christmas... I can just see the reaction now :drunk:

Hi, one year old in brewing years, from Chicago, IL. Made about 5 beers at this point. Found this place by google homebrew forums, first result. Also, can someone quickly explain the numbering system before a beer list in a poster's signature? I've noticed they are not always 1,2,3,4 but usually four digits and im assuming dates or a special numbering system.

Another vote for google.............I was looking for a super simple apple cider recipe and google led me to EdWort's Apfelwein. I'm currently brewing a modified batch of it; can't hardly wait to drink it!

Hey, how's it going? I found this site because I was/am craving some Captain Bastard's Oatmeal Stout, and google found a post on here with someone talking about it.

TxBrew said:
Welcome! :mug:

Please let us know how you found HomeBrewTalk.com ....

Was talking to a friend and found this forum, looks like everyone here knows a lot about beer brewing. Just started brewing about 3 months ago, and having trouble with getting alcohol% and a watery tasting beer. any help Please

after going to a local brewery and sampling some really nice beer a co-worker and I got to talking about brewing beer and how we'd like to start brewing our own beer...

it later turned into a google search and I landed here... i created an account and searched the forum and read every thread I could get my hands on...

then, I moved, changed jobs, and then became absorbed by my job... to the point where my free time was spent up before I had any... the account i originally created was linked to an email account i have since abandoned and since I forgot all my passwords and such I decided to create a new account.

now, with work under control i want to have a life outside of work, I love beer and i'd love to brew my own, so the quest continues!

MmBrewski said:
Was talking to a friend and found this forum, looks like everyone here knows a lot about beer brewing. Just started brewing about 3 months ago, and having trouble with getting alcohol% and a watery tasting beer. any help Please

Humm, what was your original gravity reading? What where the steps you did in brewing and then measurements on the beer. Was it extract, or was grain involved? There are a lot of variables to answer without further information. I would be glad to help you though. Welcome to Home Brew Talk everyone. This forum has a wealth of specific knowledge if you need to use the search function. It doesn't work on three letters or less though, lol. Threads don't ever seem to get old here, you can find one a couple of months cold and ask your related questions and it heats right back up again. This is a very active forum so ask away, everyone here loves to help.:ban:

SRFeldman79 said:
Hi, one year old in brewing years, from Chicago, IL. Made about 5 beers at this point. Found this place by google homebrew forums, first result. Also, can someone quickly explain the numbering system before a beer list in a poster's signature? I've noticed they are not always 1,2,3,4 but usually four digits and im assuming dates or a special numbering system.

I have heard of some using older military code numbering. I do know there is no "real" way to number your beers, just make your own up if you want to. I am thinking up one that would incorporate numbers and code letters for different variables after the actual brewed beer number. Have fun with it, but I did read a thread about a guy using the military dating system.

I just did a quick little google search and <poof> here I am!

So far I have like d what I have read and decided to join. Wondering if I can actually brew beer? I guess I will find out!

I went on Google.com and simply search Home Brewing Information and your the first community I went to. So far I am impressed and have found a lot of information! - Shaun

Google for homebrew beer forums

:off: <kind of funny-- homebrew is flagged by the spell checker in the edit view>:off:

I found the site looking through Google for cider recipes. I found EdWorts apfelwein. Now it is fermenting in my carboy. I can't wait.

Found the site through Google and the home brewers association. I've yet to start brewing but I'm raring to go. Right now gathering as much information as possible and looking to start on some nut brown ales.

I was in Denver for the CEDIA expo and stopped in the Breckenridge and ended up talking to Bearcat Brewmeister about starting to do my own brewing and he pointed me here. Lots of good info to sift through.

Rich

Back