How close is your "local" home brew shop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 4 blocks away literally around the block with another whithin 10 miles, I'm fortunate the better one is closer.

It's ten minutes away... With that being said I order from Midwest because the Price's the lhbs charges are obscene

$1.99 a pound for pale ale malt
$4.49 per one ounce hops union
$4.99 for safale o4. Or o5

Occasionally if I am in a pinch I'll go there.

Only one here in Cruces that I know of. It's about 6 miles away.

As in Las Cruces? I shopped there a time or two while stationed at ft bliss. In fact that's where I bought all my original equipment at and got this obsession started. Now I'm back at sweet home Alabama and my local is 30 mins from home or 30 seconds from my second job.

mine is across the street from where I work. could throw a rock and hit them :p

There's one less than 10 minutes from me but they're pricey. Super nice shop but they definitely pass on the cost... I used to live about 15 minutes from another LBHS which now I live about 45 minutes away from. So, my issue is... if I drive further out to the cheaper one it sort of kills the cheaper cost and it take a lot longer.

One is a 20 min drive (one way)and the other is a 30 min drive. With the traffic we deal with here in Northern VA, i order online more than i would like to. that 20 min drive last time took me 40 min due to traffic.

Other side of town, 5 minutes, if they feel like being open. Small shop, not a lot of stock. 1.5 hours to a larger store in MA, but they are twice to three times as expensive as online prices. My best bet, making good relations with a local nano/micro brewer and piggybacking on their orders. That and a good homebrew club for doing group buys.

Only about a mile out of my way coming home from work and only a few miles from my house. One time my wife and I biked there and each filled our backpacks with grains and other ingredients then biked home.

One hour (1/4 tank of gas ~ $15) round trip. Online suppliers with flat rate shipping are cheaper and easier.

Most of y'all are so lucky!! Except for maybe Yooper.....:) The closest LHBS to me is 2 1/2 hours to the north, Las Vegas or 3 hours to the south, Phoenix. I usually order everything online. But even that can be tricky. The last time I ordered a brew kit online with liquid yeast, the package delivered to my house was very warm and my ice pack completely melted. I had no idea how long it was sitting in a hot warehouse. So I love taking my field trips in Vegas or Phoenix whenever I'm there.

About a 15 minute drive away, albeit through traffic, I think in distance it's about 5 miles.

I'm about 1.5 miles from the original Northern Brewer. Its a great luxury!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I feel pretty lucky, I have 3 within 6 miles of the house. Granted 1 is a little light on inventory, but they have the basics, and is literally 6 blocks away, open nights and Sundays, so it s good n a pinch.

As in Las Cruces? I shopped there a time or two while stationed at ft bliss. In fact that's where I bought all my original equipment at and got this obsession started. Now I'm back at sweet home Alabama and my local is 30 mins from home or 30 seconds from my second job.

Yes, Las Cruces. I visit family in B'ham twice a year.

Reading some of these posts I feel really lucky. I live in Pittsburgh PA and have quite a few shops around. The closest is about 10 mins away and the 2nd is about 15 mins in the opposite direction. I drive past this one when I go to work. There are also two more about 30 min away from me. And I just found out today about another one that is a beer store with a homebrew shop inside, prob about 25 mins away.

Also there is one about 2 hours away that I pass on my way from camp that I like to visit.

I am about 20 miles from the nearest one but I will not go there. I drive another 30 miles because the guy in Burlington is nice and helpful unlike the guy in Bellingham that acts like you are putting him out every time you walk into his store.

The store that I occasionally go to is about 160 miles away. Luckily, its right next to my parents so when I visit them I make a trip. Other than that I buy online

My shop is about 6 miles from me. It's on my way home from work (but they close at 6...). Plus, I used to work there, so they still give me a discount sometimes! Theres two others in town, within a half-hour drive, but I've never been to either.

There is a printing shop where the owner sells a few (very few ) products. Next is 80 miles down in Homer. Or 150 miles up in Anchorage. On Anchorage trips, it's Costco and Arctic Brewing!

Back