How can I make this tap handle work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azlane

Reaction score
My wife bought a really nice tap handle for me but we now see that I apparently needed one with a female end? Does anyone know if we can make this work with some type of adapter? The thread sizes are also a little bit different which may complicate matters even more.

Tap handle.jpg

See if you can find a reducer that will fit and match up the sizes of the threaded ends. Then you should be able to use a coupling to thread them together. I am sure you can find something to work in this manner at your local hardware store. Good Luck.

reducer.PNG

coupling.PNG

Buy a nitro faucet. Where is the rest of the handle?

I just noticed you are in my town. Send me a PM. I'll see if I can get something machined for ya. I'll need thread size and pitch plus depth.

Any chance that you can unscrew the male end on the handle? You may be able to use the hole in place or let you drill a hole large enough to drop in a metal shank that would fit your faucet.

Back