how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ale not kale.jpg

Who's willing to do a side-by-side blind taste test?

I know of a guy (a friend of someone I worked with) who came home drunk and hungry, found something in the frig to heat up and eat. It was dog food. The bad thing is that now, anytime he complains about his wife's cooking, she says "well, I could microwave some dog food for ya".

I know of a guy (a friend of someone I worked with) who came home drunk and hungry, found something in the frig to heat up and eat. It was dog food. The bad thing is that now, anytime he complains about his wife's cooking, she says "well, I could microwave some dog food for ya".

Someone has finally outdone my in-laws story where my wife's aunt came back from the grocery store and a girls night, put groceries away, and the next morning found melted ice cream dripping from a bathroom cupboard, and feminine hygiene products in the freezer.

when I was a kid, we fed our dogs Recipe brand dog food, the brand Lassie ate (he* was in the commercials & Recipe was his only endorsement)

that **** smelled GOOD. never tried it, but it didn't seem any different than what was in a can of Dinty Moore. not surprising because they made it using Lassie's owner's wife's Irish stew recipe, minus the potatoes

*all 9 Lassies were actually male dogs

I have a friend named Robert who’s nickname is “Biscuit”. Years ago, he and his wife were at a party at a friend’s house. Robert, bored, wandered off to the living room to watch TV while the others were in the kitchen. The host went looking for Robert and found him in the darkened room in front of the tube, munching away on something. The host asked “what ya eating, Robert?” Robert sez “cookies”. Host says “we ain’t got any cookies”. Turned on the lamp to reveal a plate with Milk Bones on it. Alcohol was, of course, involved, and Robert hasn’t lived it down in the 30 years since.

I got smashed at an office Christmas party decades ago. Way too drunk to drive so a coworker took me to his house and my wife picked me up there. As I entered the house, I saw that Sharon had been making Christmas cookies. Or so I thought. They were ornaments. About 9 parts salt to one part water. I grabbed one when she wasn't looking. I was polite. I never told her how terrible her cookies were.

View attachment 752369

Ah, yes... memories of bygone times, growing up in the Midwest. Winter tires and Summer tires. I still remember my first set of studded tires when I lived in Maine in the 70s.

Now with modern radial tires and better suspensions, that all seems like an ancient throwback until you have to stop and "chain up" at the Donner Pass and certain other mountain areas.

Back