how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wmria7m8dch71.png

That was a great ad campaign in the 60s, and remember some really fantastic and creative ones from that era. A few of the TV ads featured a struggling young actor who became a very famous Oscar winner. Can you name him?
Dustin Hoffman. He found a trunk at both ends.:rolleyes:
Untitled.png

Last edited:
It took me a second, but not much more. Then I did a quick google search to see if I could find an image of why I knew, but I was wrong. I don't know why I knew.

vlcsnap-2015-03-12-00h56m51s213.jpg
I actually sat in one of these back in the late 1950's, in Aberdeen, SD. An Isetta from multiple manufacturers.

Brew on :mug:

I don't know what would've brought you to Aberdeen. I lived in South Dakota for a few years and I never went anywhere near that place.

I actually sat in one of these back in the late 1950's, in Aberdeen, SD. An Isetta from multiple manufacturers.

Brew on :mug:
I'll do ya' one better! Growing up in the 50s, we had a family friend who owned one (Isetta) and I rode in it on occasion. The tricycle configuration (actually the rear axle was two "dually" wheels) made it questionably stable, and the forward opening door made it a death trap in a collision. Our friend got broadsided at a stoplight and had to be extracted through the roof of the vehicle. It could have gotten really ugly if there had been any post-crash fire.

Back