how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what would've brought you to Aberdeen. I lived in South Dakota for a few years and I never went anywhere near that place.
Not my choice. I got there the same way most kids get places, that's where my dad's job was (mom didn't work back then.)

I did go there voluntarily while driving across the country when moving to Seattle from Endicott, NY. Stopped at all the places I used to live, looked for old houses and schools, and a DQ I used to walk to when I was 9 - 11 (it was still there, so I bought a Dilly bar, which was my favorite back in the day.) Did a lot of National Park, and other, sightseeing along the way.

Also, stayed a night in Rapid City during Sturgis week. Paid $300 for a room worth $100. I think we were the only car in the parking lot.

Oddly enough, my little sister, who was born in Aberdeen, ended up marrying a guy from Aberdeen, who she met in Seattle, where they live now.

Brew on :mug:

Last edited:
I'll do ya' one better! Growing up in the 50s, we had a family friend who owned one (Isetta) and I rode in it on occasion. The tricycle configuration (actually the rear axle was two "dually" wheels) made it questionably stable, and the forward opening door made it a death trap in a collision. Our friend got broadsided at a stoplight and had to be extracted through the roof of the vehicle. It could have gotten really ugly if there had been any post-crash fire.
You win.

Brew on :mug:

I'll do ya' one better! Growing up in the 50s, we had a family friend who owned one (Isetta) and I rode in it on occasion. The tricycle configuration (actually the rear axle was two "dually" wheels) made it questionably stable, and the forward opening door made it a death trap in a collision. Our friend got broadsided at a stoplight and had to be extracted through the roof of the vehicle. It could have gotten really ugly if there had been any post-crash fire.
Where I live they have a "car" called velorex. It too has three wheels. But to make it even worse (better?) the side panels are made of fabric.

There's a joke that says a velorex won't scratch it buffs.

I've never ridden one but apparently they're street legal here because I've seen a number of them still on the road...

Where I live they have a "car" called velorex. It too has three wheels. But to make it even worse (better?) the side panels are made of fabric.

There's a joke that says a velorex won't scratch it buffs.

I've never ridden one but apparently they're street legal here because I've seen a number of them still on the road...

After that joke, I just HAD to google it.
1629403328401.png

Looks like a Spyder (mid-life lawyer 3 wheel motor cycle) wearing a bad raincoat.

My Brother-In-Law was looking to buy a Spyder at one point, and everyone was ribbing him about it. "Dude, you're only in your 20s. Little early to be having a mid-life crisis and start impulse buying crap trying to re-capture your lost youth!" 🤣

There is only one three wheeler I would have when my lottery numbers hitView attachment 739614

Gotta admit, I made fun of this three wheeler when I learned about it, but if we had an extra spot in the garage, extra money, and they had a dealership/maintenance location nearby, I'd be be really tempted

aptera-track.jpg

There is only one three wheeler I would have when my lottery numbers hit

I don't know about the only one since I wouldn't mind having one of these.
1629498646738.png

But I took these pics outside of a local bar a few years ago.
CAM01078.jpg
CAM01079.jpg

(Sorry to further derail the thread....)

Done deliberately by the architect if real, note the suitably wide gap at the other end as well. The design and building committee had a sense of humour.
It's real. The Dean was the one with a sense of humor back when an entrance to the building was being turned into a loading dock. " He was on the ball." is the phrase that comes too mind. :p
BTW, it's not a loading dock anymore.

Last edited:
I think there was an episode of Next Gen where the crew de-evolved while JLP and Data were on an away mission and Worf might've been some kind of proto-klingon arachnid-ish thing. Wonder how many eyes he had.

I think there was an episode of Next Gen where the crew de-evolved while JLP and Data were on an away mission and Worf might've been some kind of proto-klingon arachnid-ish thing. Wonder how many eyes he had.

That episode was called 'Genesis' (yeah, my inner sci-fi geek is showing here. lol)

Back