how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dimes are a deci-dollar. pennies are a milli-dollar.
Nickels (and quarters) are an optimization of the metric system, resulting in cost savings and noise reduction. o_O

Let's look a little deeper ... :yes:

Fewer deci-dollars and milli-dollars 1) extend the life-time of the pant pockets that hold the coins, 2) enable the development of smaller coin purses, and 3) reduce the number of collisions of those coins when in a pant pocket.

🤔

Last edited:
fark_q8109g53J2std9aCniXV_82UdeA.gif

dimes are a deci-dollar. pennies are a milli-dollar.
Nickels (and quarters) are an optimization of the metric system, resulting in cost savings and noise reduction. o_O

Let's look a little deeper ... :yes:

Fewer deci-dollars and milli-dollars 1) extend the life-time of the pant pockets that hold the coins, 2) enable the development of smaller coin purses, and 3) reduce the number of collisions of those coins when in a pant pocket.

🤔

Correction: Centi-dollars. not milli-dollars. 100 pennies to a dollar.

Non-metric currency would be having something like a 8c coin. Or like the old British pound-shilling-pence model, 12 pence to a shilling, 20 shillings to a point resulting in 240 pence to a pound.

only people who didn't have (or see) the album on vinyl weren't already aware of this >40 years ago

I never had the vinyl, but I remember hearing it for the first time. I was at a friend's house &, like a 1000 other times with 1000 different bands & 1000 albums; "YOU GOTTA HEAR THIS!" (other examples: The Wall. 2112. Van Halen's debut)

when I saw the album cover for the first time: oh, cool... cities fleeing a destroyed earth on top of spaceships shaped like guitars

FMeCxGGXsAITjUB.jpg

Reminds me of the start of a bad nerf war.

One guy jumps out of nowhere, declares the Nerf war, threatens to centimate his opponents.

They look at him, puzzled.

He says that he needed something more complete than decimate, so instead of removing a tenth of he adjusted it to remove 100% of.

They respond that he actually threatened to remove a one hundredth of.

He stops for a second and says "then I will... mate ... you? That doesn't sound right, either."

Reminds me of the start of a bad nerf war.

One guy jumps out of nowhere, declares the Nerf war, threatens to centimate his opponents.

They look at him, puzzled.

He says that he needed something more complete than decimate, so instead of removing a tenth of he adjusted it to remove 100% of.

They respond that he actually threatened to remove a one hundredth of.

He stops for a second and says "then I will... mate ... you? That doesn't sound right, either."

This is a great example of why STEAM is a more thorough education than STEM. The word this math-centered Nerf Warrior was looking for is 'annihilate'.

You're definitely not the youngest on HBT

that's what you say, but i've gotten in my head only rich, retired old people get into homebrewing.... even though it'd make sense it'd more threads about broke college kids trying to brew in a dorm room?

instead i see shiny 3 vessel electric set-ups....

1646368739333.png

Latest posts

Back