House Taps and Brew Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schemy

Reaction score
I was curious how many of you maintain a tap rotation schedule for your house taps. Do you also set a brew schedule to maintain your pipeline.

I'm going to start a rotation and brewing schedule to maintain the pipeline on my 9 taps. I'll develop my 3 main house taps and then have the remaining taps as brewer whims, my one offs. Essential I want to see if I can operate my own nano setup. End game being the dream of operating my own brewery and tap house.

I don't keg anything but I typically have 2 or three beers around all the time(My saison, coconut black ipa and strawberry blonde) and then another 3-5 brewers whims. Sometimes I think I have too much beer and start making stuff to sit and age and then realize that im running out of other stuff. That just happenned so the next couple batches are to get the pipeline restarted.

I don't have a defined rotation. I've got a six-tap keezer, so I've got plenty of room for both "house" beers and others, but still haven't organized of scheduled around it.

Generally I like to have at least one hoppy beer on, and like to have one strong beer on. The problem is that I tend to drink the hoppy stuff really quickly and the strong stuff stays around forever, so trying to keep hoppy things on tap is difficult unless I have brew them pretty frequently -- which edges out other beers I want to make.

Right now, here is my tap list, so you can see how I've failed on my goals!

1. Oktoberfestbier, 6%
  2. Schwarzbier, 4.8%
  3. Imperial Milk Stout, 9.5%
  4. Gose, 5%
  5. Barrel-aged Belgian Golden Strong, 9+?%
  6. Apfelwein, 8.5%

I have nothing hoppy, and have three very strong beers that I will have difficulty getting OFF my taps in the next several months. While I need to brew, and soon, I'm not sure where the beer is going to go!

I mostly bottle, but I do set a "production schedule" that goes about a year out with 2 beers per season identified, which also indicates which month they need to be brewed in order to have them ready in time. Any other beers that fill out the pipeline are done ad hoc.

I only have three taps, but I try to keep something IPA-ish one one, a pale or bitter on another, and something dark or sometimes a fruit beer on the other. Right now it's an IPA, a best bitter, and a blackberry pale.

Back