HOT FUZZ/Sean of the dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
I know these have been out a while, but DAMN THESE GUYS ARE GOOD!!!!!!!

Hot fuzz gets funnier every time I watch it.

Sean of the dead paved the way for Zombieland (as a "what if zombies were REALLY real? comedy) and still reigns above it (despite my love of zombieland) as a genuinely ingenious and incredibly well produced movie of any genre.

Their attention to detail, making every single moment have some significance or at least a laugh, where "lock stock and 2 smoking barrelsl" came close but fell short.

SPOILER: in Hot Fuzz, he solves the almost scooby doo like plot of the evil townspeople to preserve the town asthetic by keeping outsiders out, ingeniously all playing the killer while strategically killing people who jeopardized their goal.....

And the cloak wearing druid-like townspeople explain that they were just killing people that pissed them off.....lol.:rockin:

Too funny.

Edgar Wright, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are a hilarious team together. Have you seen their T.V. series Spaced? It rocks and one episode is clearly a precursor to Shaun of the Dead. Edgar Wright's new movie Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World looks pretty good too, sadly Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are not in it. Here's a link to the trailer http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/scottpilgrimvstheworld/

SOTD and Hot Fuzz are me and my wife's go-to movies when we want to watch something awesome.

"We did get a little drunk."

SOTD and Hot Fuzz are me and my wife's go-to movies when we want to watch something awesome.

"We did get a little drunk."

SWMBO is usually game, but not her goto. Alas.....ah well, her goto is The Shining.;) I could have done alot worse!

The Human Statue!

did you notice him among the corpses near the end? apparently not dead?
Or maybe he is,lol.

Edgar Wright, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are a hilarious team together. Have you seen their T.V. series Spaced? It rocks and one episode is clearly a precursor to Shaun of the Dead. Edgar Wright's new movie Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World looks pretty good too, sadly Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are not in it. Here's a link to the trailer http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/scottpilgrimvstheworld/

Thanks for sharing! And incredible username! referencing another undead alltime classic!!!

"I kick ASS for the LORD!!!!!!"

But my current goto quotes are from hot fuzz....

"By the power of GRAYSKULL!!" (by way of he-man nostalgically)

and "The little hand says it's time to ROCK and ROLL!"

Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz are all great. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are making another movie called Paul that is supposedly coming out at the end of the year. Looks interesting and here's the info from the movie's site -- "Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) reunite for the comedy adventure Paul as two sci-fi geeks whose pilgrimage takes them to America’s UFO heartland. While there, they accidentally meet an alien who brings them on an insane road trip that alters their universe forever."

While it doesn't have anything directly to do with Edgar Write and Simon Pegg, the British television series Black Books was fantastic! It starred Dylan Moran who played that kind of ******-baggy friend that was in love with Sean's girlfriend in Sean of the dead. He was also Simon Pegg's character's friend in Run Fatboy Run. Pegg and Nick Frost both had cameos in a few episodes though. The humor may be a bit darker in Black Books, but I found it just as hilarious.

I'm gonna have to check out spaced. Sean of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are ttwo of my favorites. Definitely going to watch them again this weekend now.

Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz are all great. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are making another movie called Paul that is supposedly coming out at the end of the year. Looks interesting and here's the info from the movie's site -- "Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) reunite for the comedy adventure Paul as two sci-fi geeks whose pilgrimage takes them to America’s UFO heartland. While there, they accidentally meet an alien who brings them on an insane road trip that alters their universe forever."

It warms my heart to hear this. Run Fatboy Run had "cashing in" written all over it.

I think that it's a Hot Fuzz night tonight at the JohnnyO household.

While it doesn't have anything directly to do with Edgar Write and Simon Pegg, the British television series Black Books was fantastic! It starred Dylan Moran who played that kind of ******-baggy friend that was in love with Sean's girlfriend in Sean of the dead. He was also Simon Pegg's character's friend in Run Fatboy Run. Pegg and Nick Frost both had cameos in a few episodes though. The humor may be a bit darker in Black Books, but I found it just as hilarious.

Take a look at Bill Bailey on youtube. V.talented

Back