hopsdirect order arrives!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohrinet

Reaction score
I was really hopping I would get it before the weekend. Placed an order for 2 lbs of Cascade. Opened up one of the bags to weigh it. One pound weighed in at 18oz the other at 19.5oz. Super excited. Have a friend's wedding to deal with this weekend, but might be able to brew on Sunday.

Not only was the pound over-weight, but it was insanely dry so weighing the pound was quite the ordeal. After running out of space in SS bowls, my neighbor decided we would just empty the bowls into the drawer. Realizing the dresser was covered in hops and bags of DME (bulk order from countrymaltgroup) I decided to take a picture.

bulk_goods.jpg

1 pound of hops in various bowls and a drawer. One more pound bag, unopened in the box. And 30 pounds of Breiss DME.

Hooray for affordable extract brews! Should be able to brew 5 gallons for under $20 with washed yeast and an inventory of ingredients.

HOPPY FRIDAY, HOPPY HALLOWEEN, and don't forget to turn your clocks back this weekend!

I love hopsdirect so goddamn much... How long did shipping take from Yakima to Kentucky and how much did it cost?

It'd be hilarious to have a cop walk in to that scene:

large piles of green, leafy matter and huge bags of off-white powder.

Your picture is a perfect explanation of why I buy pellet hops :) Got 10 lbs in my freezer currently, if they were leaf hops I'd have no room for food.

Looks sweet! Got my order of 8# on Wednesday. Need to order another 8 or so. I do love that place!
tom

Shipping to Lexington for two pounds was about one week and about $10. @$11/lb it worked out to be just under $1/oz.

If you've never ordered from them, go to their website and call them and ask for shipping prices. I got a quote for 1lb, 2lb, 3lb, and 5lb just so I knew what I was getting into. They are very very helpful.

Back