Hopsdirect.com 2009 Pellet Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgo737

Reaction score
So I know the site says they are available. But none of the pellet hops are marked as 2009 as is the case with the leaf hops. Anyone know when the site will be updated? I called today but the answering service answered...

And yes, I also know that they mention that imported hops are still 2008...

The hops that are not imported are the new crop, they won't say "new crop" at any point.

New U.S. crop pelleted hops are good to go...however, remember imported hops are still from 2008.

I emailed them earlier this week with the same question and they got back to me right away, saying that, as the above reply mentioned, the domestic pellets are from the 2009 crop, but they won't be getting the imported 2009 pellets until later.

That does not make sense. Are they just throwing out the 2008 crop? What about the new varieties they are stocking, like Mt. Rainier and Citra? Or U.S. Magnum, U.S. Northern Brewer, etc that they ran out of for 2008 and are still not listed for 2009... I guess I will just call on Monday to get story...

Citra is 2009, according to the person there I spoke to when I ordered.. They only say "New crop" right after harvest when they start switching. They probably sell the old crop in bulk to like JD Carlson. My order last month was 20oz plus "pounds" so thats another way to get rid of extra.

I don't think that they would tell me directly they were new if they were selling me the old crop. That's bad business and this is an exceptional family-run business.

Latest posts

Back