Hops on top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullstop22

Reaction score
I am dry hopping an IPA with whole hops. Hops have been in about 24hrs. some are floating on top the other hops not even in the beer. Do I need to try and move them around or will they sink enough to get into tne beer?

I just shoved 2oz of dry hops in the neck of my glass carboy. It looks like its definitely going to take some swirling to get all of the hops submerged. Anybody got a good way to get the hops IN the fermenter? I ended up using my hydrometer to push them through the funnel.

It won't serve as a fix for this situation, but I use a nylon bag weighed down with marbles or a shot glass to dry hop in my keg. Seems to be really the only way to get them down into the beer since they readily float.

I just shoved 2oz of dry hops in the neck of my glass carboy. It looks like its definitely going to take some swirling to get all of the hops submerged. Anybody got a good way to get the hops IN the fermenter? I ended up using my hydrometer to push them through the funnel.

When putting whole hops into a carboy, I use an automotive funnel (RDWHAHB) and the handle of a wooden spoon to push them through the funnel opening a few at a time.

Back