Hops Direct Purchase Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a heads up on my purchase from hops direct and how it went. I ordered 1lb of Cascade and 1lb of Centennial Hops. They messed my order up and only sent the 1 pound of Cascade but charged me for shipping 2 pounds. I noticed on my bank account that I was only charged a little over half the price of what I thought the total was going to be. So, I called them up and spoke the the lady that answers the phone. She was very nice, said they were sorry and that they would correct the order. She took my credit card info and processed the order for the Centennial hops but said the shipping had been paid. The dont store your credit card info after purchase which is a good thing with the amount of identity theft that goes on.

Fast forward to this week.. it took about 5 days including the weekend for the hops to arrive. Once I was able to borrow a vacume sealer I weighed out and packaged everything... I recieved 24oz of Cascases for a 1lb purchase!!! The foodsaver purchased at Sams worked awesome!!

Now let me say that I was not using a digital scale or high tech scale but I dont think they are that far off. So all in all the purchase was not that bad.

I am happy that they quickly resolved the order issue and the fact that I was shippped more than what was purchased really makes the hops a lot cheaper than buying at the LHBS. I end up paying 1/2 the price compared to LHBS..

I cant wait to get the Centennial in the mail.. Its almost like Christmas but in February!!

UPDATE: Just bagged up the Centennial that came in today. Total weight was 21oz. Not bad for a 1lb purchase!!!

congrats on the extra hops. Me and my brew buddy bought a total of 5 lbs from them and each weighed in at around 1lb 2-3 oz with the bag weight. many others stated they have gotten extra quantity, most often in previous years. If you don't have a use for all those extras - I'll send you my address and you can send them to me! LOL!! :mug:

This is my first bulk hops purchase so I almost feel giddy inside with that much hops in the freezer and more to come. Now, I need to find a good recipe to brew using Cascase, Centiennal and Simcoe.. I purchased some Simco from Niko and still have over 1/2 pound of Simcoe left.

Back