Hops Combo with Sorachi Ace for a Partygyle Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pshankstar

BIAB Homebrewer & Coffee Roaster
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled a second runnings from my American Barleywine yesterday for a partygyle beer. I want to add some home grown Cascade and Chinook hops at the end of the boil. Say 15mins at the most. I don’t think I’ll add any hops before the 15 min mark. I was thinking of adding some Sorachi Ace hops too since I have some still in the freezer. Trying to find some info if the Sorachi Ace would work well with those other two hops. I’m sure they will but I haven’t seen any recent posts of people using Sorachi Ace lately, so I figured I would throw it out there.

What hop combos have people used Sorachi Ace with recently? Did you like it? Would you change anything? Suggestions or tips?

Sorachi Ace is a very unique hop that people either love or hate. I love it. Tastes like dill, though, and is powerful. Use about 25-33% as much as normal hops so it doesn't overpower the other hops. But yeah, if it smells good to you, then do it.

Dill and lemon. Or just lemon. Not everyone gets the same profile from it. I mostly get lemon. Wife gets the dill too.

Thanks@dmtaylor and @SanPancho! I’ll roll with it and see what I get. Hopefully more lemon than dill.
I think the lemon will complement the home grow Cascade and Chinook hops.

Back