Hops Bag

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tolip_ck1

Reaction score
What are the recommendations for bags in the Wort to hold hops and anything else I might put in there? I have seen a PVC looking bolted holder above a converted ked. Is that a DIY or something available on market? I do not use a standard pump and the one drawback is, it is relatively easy for me to plug up my intake. Any draw backs to a bag system for hops?

Thanx!

Um, I can get you one for the low low price of ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!

Seriously though, pretty sure most of the ones you see in threads are DIY... Matter of fact, I am picking up my pvc collar part today... As far as drawbacks, I don't recall hearing of any...

Good Luck!
:mug:

What size bag, for a converted keg... or what website to buy from?

Homedepot for the colar?

I use a paint strainer bag from any of the big box stores. If I just have one hop addition I just tie it and toss it in. When I have more that one addition, I have a DIY hop bag holder that is pretty ghetto but gets the job done. If you do a search on here you can see some of the better ones. You probably want the biggest strainer bag they have for a converted keggle.

Something along these lines Finish Factor at Lowe's: 5 Gallon Strainers - 2 Pack

Sorry about that tolip... You can get all the goodies at HD / Lowes...

4" x 3" pvc reducer
5 gallon paint strainer bags
either rod of all-thread or long carriage bolts, nuts and washers...

use a couple of these:
clip1.jpg

and you are in business

Back