Hops Air Freshener

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noreaster40s

Reaction score
I love the smell of hops. My favorite part of brewing, other than the drinking, is smelling the hops when I open the packets and then the smell of the steam after the additions. My wife took things a step further and surprised me for my birthday with home made hops air fresheners! She got some whole hops from the LHBS and sewed up some small bags like those that smell like balsam. Only thing is the aroma didn't last very long. I'm not sure what kind of hops she got either. Any suggestions as to what hop might work well in something like this?

ive seen cannabis air freshner for sale before. i never smelt the air freshner but some think cannabis smells similar to some hops. might be worth checking out

I know someone had discussed using hop oil to make candles. Search the similar threads at the bottom of this page.

No hop lasts very long. I've been keeping a bowl of hops on the headboard and 3-4 weeks is about the limit.

Centennial or Cascade give off lots of aroma. Give those a whirl, and if you can keep them slightly damp (think humidor) you could probably get them to last a bit longer.

sorry to bring up an old thread but, i have just discovered the answer to this. powerhouse odor neutralizer, chamomile lavender scent. smells almost exactly like brew day. my brother walked in and said "did you just open a double ipa?"

Back