Hopps Floating in the bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe2004

Reaction score
Hi guys

so its been a week that i have bottled my beer and i see bunch of Hopp particles floating on the top of the bottles ? Will this go down in another week ?

thanks

Well, the goal is to try to not get hops in the fermenter in the first place, much less the bottle, so maybe think about a crude filtration method when you're going from boil to fermenter next time. :) Whether that's hop bags or a strainer on your way to the fermenter, either should work.

Probably not, though, hops is less dense than beer and will likely stay afloat....but it might after awhile once it becomes super saturated. That said, it's not gonna hurt ya'. I've been known to put fresh hops in beer just to get that uber fresh hop smell going. :)

when i put the cooled it and then dumped it in the 5 gallon carboy i cant remember if i dumped all the debris too. Then when i was siphoning the beer the dam thing keep moving around and steered a little bit. Wish they had a clamp or something to hold it in one place so you can use the siphon with out moving.

thanks beerman0001

im going to get this

does the 6 gallon or 6.5G Carboy hold the auto siphon in place ?

Or you can stick your racking cane through the carboy cap. Then you can blow into the other opening, creating pressure, which will start your siphon without having to suck on the hose.

Back