Hop Screen for Conical Racking Arm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chieftain

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love to find a screen I could slide over the racking arm in my 7g conical, but haven't found any luck online. Any ideas? It's a Brewtech conical, but they don't appear to offer this accessory. Basically I'm looking for something to keep out the hop debris when I rack to the serving keg.

Not associated with this eBay offering. similar to what I bought at my LHBS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-...573114?hash=item43f2d0b5ba:g:KVEAAOSwtnpXomI0

I use something similar over my racking cane, but homemade. In addition I wrap the outside with a fine mesh material, so it filters rather finely, only very fine hop dust makes it through.

Now I rack from fermentation buckets, either using a closed or nearly-closed transfer into 100% Starsan pre-purged kegs through the liquid in. To use something like that over a racking arm inside a conical, the filter needs to be installed before filling and remain there during fermentation until after transfer.

Back