Hop choice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abrayton

Reaction score
I have one jar of harvested 3711 left in my fridge and I’m thinking raspberry Saison since I have a ton of raspberries. As far as hops, I have some Magnum and lots of Mosaic and Citra on hand, which I’ve never used in a Saison. My initial thought is a small magnum bittering addition and a little mosaic near the end of the boil. Just looking for advice/feedback as to what might play best with my raspberries and 3711. I want to brew tomorrow so what I have on hand is my only option. Thanks for any feedback!

The hops do not play a huge role and shouldn't in saisons, so anything you have on hand should be good. I've read about Mosaic giving some onion flavours when boiled/used late ( might also be a terroir/late harvest issue ) and I am actually experiecing myself now with a Mosaic Smash, but I hope it fades away in a few days.

Back