Honey malt in a pale ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SailorJerry

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone thinks about throwing some honey malt into a pale ale. The recipe I currently have is pretty basic, just mostly 2-row, some crystal, caravienne malt, and hoping w/ cascades.

I think it would add a little better flavor and up the ABV, just curious what the experts think

Thanks!:mug:

not an expert either, but I typically add honey malt to my house pale (only about .25-.5 lb though). Adds a little something extra, but it would be very easy to overdo it.

Yup - were you referring to something different when you mentioned "honey malt"?

I'm guessing that we're talking about the same thing, BTW.

No, I meant honey grain, just typed malt as the guys I used to brew w/ and the brewing I do is extract brewing, and this is an AG batch. Just wanted to clarify my post :ban:

Thanks for the info!:mug:

I added honey malt to my honey wheat, which really upped the sweetness. Almost a little too much. Be careful with it, but it is tasty.

Latest posts

Back