Homemade Ceramic Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are truly inspiring. I'm getting back into pottery because of you! Totally jealous of your wood fired kiln though; I only have an electric one!

Thank you, here is a short clip of the wood kiln in action. Not the best video in the world, but you get the idea at least. I'm the tall one, not the short one.

[ame]http://youtu.be/0GbJvOK_wKk[/ame]

Thats a really neat shelf by chance could you get a couple more pics of that? Do i have to say the bottles are completely amazing?

That is really cool! how did you cut that log like that ? or where did you get it from a mill? either way thanks for the fast response!

The shelves are made out of "waste" slabs leftover from somebody milling juniper into lumber. We normally cut them down and use them to fire the wood kiln, but I salvaged a couple to make the shelves. It made perfect sense to use the same wood that fires the kiln to display the work that was fired.

Update-

Opened one of the corked ceramic bottles over Fathers Day weekend. It had the same carbonation as the same beer in traditional glass bottles. So that is pretty exciting, I have six test bottles left with beer still in them. When I open the next one I will try and remember to take a video of it just for fun. The cork was pretty difficult to get out, I ended up actually using a corkscrew. Overall I'm pretty excited to open the other ones as well.

Hey there, Chef Rex! I recognize you from over in the homemade pizza thread.

This is pretty neat stuff - subscribed!

I stumbled across this thread tonight after seeing a cool dusk picture in the ghetto brewing setups thread and thinking "wow, that looks like it could be here" - then realizing we're in the same relative portion of the world.

Keep up the great work, Asa! You obviously have an eye for art and a talent.

Tops.

I see you had tried these. How hard are they to set the distance to the holes from the top.

...also, wondering if you've ever made ceramic pint "glasses"?

Swing-tops.JPG

@Dynachrome- Are those replacement EZ top swing tops? If so those are what I have used for the first swing top bottles before experimenting with the corks.

Threadromancy...

I saw your bottles on Pinterest and after reading the thread I had to join.

Beautiful work! I'm working in ceramics and have been mulling over making home brews again. Seeing you making bottles and using them is inspiring, I'll have to give it a go too :)

Latest posts

Back