Homebrewtalk Carboy Cleaner Giveaway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I"m getting back into the game this would be great to use after my new first batch. Plus the wife wouldn't have to complain or nag when I tell her I need to buy or build something else for my beer. Please save me the hastle of having to listen to my wife moan or groan when I tell her how much this would mean to me to own.

al

I think I should be the winner this week. Since I didn't win last time I've been crying into my beer - the tears and the lack of cleanliness (since, you know, I don't have a carboy or keg cleaner) is really affecting my enjoyment.

Please have Santa hand deliver my winnings. Thank you.

I need a carboy cleaner because my carboy has gunk stuck inside of it from the pear wit that I brewed, that I can't get out as much as I've tried. The beer itself was terrible, and this would be one thing that would make the whole experience something more than just a bad memory. Also, if I win I will send you cookies.

I'll play the sympathy card. I just gave up on a raspberry wheat ale that never fermented despite three rounds of yeast. A true disaster brew.

After bottling it anyway last night, I was dismayed to see that my carboy brush was completely and utterly useless trying to get the raspberries off of the carboy roof. As far as I can tell, this brush has no redeeming value at all.

So I got no great beer from the batch, but I did manage to mess up my carboys. I could really use that cleaner!

Oh, and BTW - carboycleaner.com is throwing up a server error. Is the promo so sucessful that we've brought down your site? :)

Congratulations to all the past winners! I'm afraid my budget won't allow any new toys right now but what a life saver this would be. I have 2 little kids and barely enough time to brew let alone clean well. This would get put to good use for sure!

I am looking forward to the day of tossing my large bottle brush and getting into the 21st century of carboy cleaning!:rockin:

I brew 2-3 times a week. Every time a carboy needs cleaning, I am stuck using my carboy brush and sink sprayer. "Rattle rattle rattle swish swish rattle rattle." This tool will make my brewing life a lot easier. Not to mention I would show it off to my LHBS :ban:

There's got to be a better way than filling up the carboy with scalding hot soap-water, putting my hand over the mouth, and shaking it like an alligator with a puppy in its mouth.

Please stop me before I do something stupid. I was planning on typing this post in Pig Latin but decided against it. If I don't win I'm going to tie my carboy to the roof of my car and drive through the carwash. No, no, I won't. I can handle it. Oh wait, maybe I'll just take it to work. We put out fires with 1.75" hoses at 75 gallons per minute. That'll get it clean. Nevermind, I don't need your Carboy Cleaner.

I need this Carboy cleaner because I'm the only one in our brewclub that actually cleans up after a brew session and it would make my life a heck of a lot easier!

As someone relatively new to home brewing, I believe I may just be able to save the world with my wonderful meads.

Well, that may be a stretch, but you never know. I recently moved to a community who focuses on organic growing and sustainability. We're planning on making meads and melomels using honey and fruits from our happy little farm. Potentially, we could turn this into something "big".

We may not change the world, but we can do our part with our local, organic, sustainable production, we can definitely do our part.

Oh yeah, and a free carboy cleaner would really be cool, too.

Within the confines of mine body, sweet elixirs and beer are born, but alas, I am imbued with none but repugnant residue; a wash...my brew for a wash!

-The Cry of the Carboy by Kurtism

I will try a new approach to try to win, I will tell jokes.

Two guys walk into a bar, third one ducks.

A Guy went to the doctor and said "I broke my arm in three places." Doctor replies "Then don't go to those places."

Two hats are on a rack. One hat says to the other, "You stay here and I'll go on a-head."

Two muffins are in an oven and one says to the other "Man is it hot in here." The other yells "Ahhhh!!! A talking muffin!"

That's all I have for now but if I win then I may tell you some more. Plus I will tell everyone I can about your products.

Thank you and goodnight.

***Theme Song for Peanuts plays in the background***

Charlie Brown: Hey Linus, what are you doing?
Linus: Brewing Beer
Charlie Brown: Aren't you a bit young to be doing that?
Linus: Yes, yes I am
Charlie Brown: Ok Then, but why are you standing there staring?
Linus: My Carboy is Dirty
Charlie Brown: Oh, I just assumed it was brown glass, what happened?
Linus: PigPen borrowed it the other day.
Charlie Brown: Oh no!
Linus: He said this was as clean as he could get it.
Charlie Brown: I see PigPen across the street.. HEY PIGPEN, COME HERE
PigPen: COMMING CHARLIE BROWN!
Linus: What are you doing Charlie Brown?
Charlie Brown: I'm going to see what PigPen tried to clean this with
PigPen: Charlie Brown, what do you need?
Charlie Brown: PigPen, this carboy is FILTHY, what did you clean it with
PigPen: A Bristle Brush, they don't do a very good job
Charlie Brown: Ahh Haa!! That explains it!
PigPen: What do you mean?
Charlie Brown: You should have used a "Carboy Cleaner"
PigPen: What is that?
Charlie Brown: A GREAT tool that will get carboys or kegs clean as a whistle, even you could do it!
PigPen: Well, give me that carboy and I'll get a "Carboy Cleaner" and give it a try! Where do I get one?
Charlie Brown: Down at the LHBS or online at carboycleaner.com
PigPen: Kool, hand over that carboy!
Charlie Brown: Ok *walks over to get the carboy*
Linus: *waits for the right moment and..... snatches the carboy away*
Charlie Brown: AAUGH *lands on his butt*

This plays out weekly at my house... if only I had a carboy cleaner so I could keep my carboys spotless, and clean those that come to me dirty!!! Really, I could use one to clean out my Sankey fermenter, but either way.

Thanks!

Well i could greatly use one since the last time i cleaned my carboy in the middle of winter it broke and i cut my leg. 5 stitches later i realized how "NOT" to clean them.

T'was the Friday before Christmas as I searched HBT
Hoping there would be a message for me.
Saying I had won a free Carboy Cleaner
Giving me a much merrier demeanor.

My Christmas Spirit, which was shrinking quite small
Grew so big I could not hold it all.
My family agreed, those guys are the bomb
Christmas was saved by CarboyCleaner.com.

Merry Christmas y'all!

I would love to have one of these for my carboys because my brush cleaners suck!! They leave marks on the inside of the neck and they chip the glass at the opening while i'm scrubbing. I clean everything vigorously with PBW and sanitize everything with Star San, and still occasionally have contamination problems and I really believe that that must be the culprit. Thanks!

Is it too late to enter?
Having broken one carboy by trying to swirl the cleaner (after using the brush) and having the thing slip through my hands, I'd love to have something like this that would allow me to clean it without picking it up (one less time, means one less chance to break another).

Since moving, my poor hand drill has been moping around the basement not doing anything. Since we rent now so there are no home repair projects for my poor hand drill, so he is currently out of a job. If I had a carboy cleaner I could hire him on as chief operator, but for now he cannot even provide for his family. So all his little drill bits will have nothing this Christmas! Nobody should be without a job at Christmas. Please send me a carboy cleaner so I can help this poor hand drill and his family. DO IT FOR THE BITS!

Thank you

I'm just starting into home brewing and have a bunch of used equipment that's desperately in need of good cleaning.

I need this because I have 5 Carboys and cleaning them all the time after many months of fermentation is challenge. My arm would love a break and all the help I can get

I need a carboy cleaner because I want to finally use my drill lol actually its a great invention just not in my budget right now

This would make cleaning out my kids boogers that they like to put in them a lot easier. Started as a joke they played on me now it just messed up.

Not only do a I need to clean kegs and carboys, I'm certain my wife could find a use for it also! :ban:

Well since I'm new to home brewing this would be great since my budget right now is almost non existing. Plus this way wife wont complain about how I spend money on this hobby and not her. So if I won it will keep me out of the dog house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back