homebrewsupplys.com - Too Cheap To Be True?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGEduardo

Reaction score
I stumbled upon a Craigslist ad for Hops Union hops and was lead to a new website (homebrewsupplys.com). It is still under development, but the prices seem outrageously low (1lb of Columbus pellets for $12?!)

I ended up ordering 4.75lbs of assorted hops for just over $80 shipped :ban:

I think that's a pretty good price after a cursory search. Anyone use them yet?

I'll make sure to post up my experience once the product arrives. :mug:

Yeah those are great sources as well, but these are supposedly Hop Union pellets in mylar, nitrogen flushed packaging. Also, varieties such as Amarillo, Simcoe and Citra are available.

At the rate I brew, these should last quite awhile but maybe next time I'll give those other guys a shot...

I was suspicious at first, but no I don't think so. In fact, part of the shipment is delayed waiting for hops to come in from the main supplier (not sure if it's Hop Union themselves).

I'll make sure to post up what I get, but as far as I can tell these are killer prices for these specific brand hops...

Citra is hard to find...even HopsUnion are out of them.

I'd say it is a great deal unless they are old hops...

Citra is hard to find...even HopsUnion are out of them.

I'd say it is a great deal unless they are old hops...

Yakima Valley Hops has Citra $25 a pound currently. They have Columbus at $11 per pound (called CTZ). I buy all my bulk hops from them....... an excellent supplier.

H.W.

Back