Homebrewer from Eastern Pa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talonracer67

Reaction score
Been lurking on this site for a few years, decided to stick a crowbar in my wallet and sign up. I'm 45, married to a great woman, and love homebrewing. Been into it for a few years, last few Christmases I've been getting alot of equipment. This year the wife got me a stir plate and yeast starter kit since I decided to get into all grain. Oldest son got me a 10 gallon cooler and supplies to make a mash tun. Today was my first foray into all grain. Got the crushed grain from my local HBS last January. Had no idea if they malt was any good still, but it was vacuum packed. It was Caribou slobber brown ale, that was my first extract last year and we both loved it. So I went for it today. Again all the info online made it simple. Hit my target 153deg mash temp, then batch sparged in my cooler. Boiled the 7 gallons of mash down to 5 gallons (had too much boil off) and expected OG was 1.052 and my OG was 1.06!! Guess the grain was good lol. Added a tiny bit of water to get my OG in line and its fermenting now. We also make wine. I'm also a big time hunter/fisherman and in fact while I was making beer today I was also making some venison dry beef. Glad to be here this site is great.

Thanks Cyclman this is a very addicting hobby. Only problem is it spoils you, the big name beers taste horrible now, only other thing I can drink are micro brews

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back