Homebrew Talk 3D Print Thread.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointcity-homebrew

Crafting openers 1 at a time
Reaction score
Show off those projects that you have 3D printed!

I have used my 3D printers for making part for my ferm chamber/keezer to our Christmas tree topper.

I have access to multiple 3D printers, if you need something, pm me. My motto is " will print for beer!"

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1480640680.359534.jpg

Our tree topper this year, I am an enginerd product of the 80's.

I'm actually surprised there's not a 3D printing subforum. A big part of why I got a 3D printer was for printing beer-related things.

Here's my latest concoction - it's an enclosure for my BrewPi build based on an ESP8266 /w custom shield.

Thingiverse / Design Notes & BOM / Build Instructions

2016-11-13 22.57.36.jpg

A not so great pic, but this is the BrewPi box I had printed for myself. Of course directly attributable to people like you two, I ordered myself a Prusa i3 MK2 which is scheduled to ship on 12/7.

042a99195bf3f624cc2de3e45a3df5b4_preview_featured.JPG

Nice!

I will be printing an enclosure for the Sous Vide controller I am working on.

I printed a lot for my keezer build so far.

I thought I would update here: I received a ship-date of 12/7 for my printer. A little longer than I expected, but I'm excited to have a date!

I thought I would update here: I received a ship-date of 12/7 for my printer. A little longer than I expected, but I'm excited to have a date!

Yea they are pretty backed up... The mk2's are a hot commodity right now.

Nice!

I am excited to tinker with my cheapo kit. I should be able to get decent print quality.

I have been printing upgraded parts. I will be relocating the controls and modding the SD card port to be front facing and push-push style. Also replacing the knob for a click wheel that I am printing.

Here's another project I constructed awhile back. I needed a way to measure liquid line cleaner (BLC) for cleaning beer lines, and realized I didn't have anything that was explicitly the right size.

Then I realized, "Hey! I have a 3D Printer!" and decided to print one.

Thingiverse link is here complete with OpenSCAD source, photos, and STL.

2016-12-04 17.14.44.jpg

Here's another project I constructed awhile back. I needed a way to measure liquid line cleaner (BLC) for cleaning beer lines, and realized I didn't have anything that was explicitly the right size.

Then I realized, "Hey! I have a 3D Printer!" and decided to print one.

Thingiverse link is here complete with OpenSCAD source, photos, and STL.
I saved a project to do later along those lines:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:51874

It has all sorts of units to choose from in the Customizer.

Drip tray I did to cover my two tap handles. Always looking for cool things to design/print. Done a few tap handles. Once I build a big keezer when we close on our house, I'l be printing a lot of stuff for that.

Driptray2.jpg

Hey, I have an idea I would like to put together, but I don't have access to a printer. Can I pm one of you guys?

Pretty awesome stuff in here. I've thought about getting one for ****s and giggles, and maybe even try to make some money on the side on Etsy or something.

How difficult was your printer to put together?
I watched a few build vids while I waited for delivery, so I was able to miss a few mistakes I likely would have made. Anyone that can follow directions can do it - especially with this kit.

It took me 7.5 hours and I was half-assed working during part of that.

Made a very simple beer tap handle for my Perlick taps.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2037742

c1e7fe1e51d1719f881149f808c3c1cb_preview_featured.jpg

a7509e7062b4051aacc0b752d991823e_preview_featured.jpg

Did you use sketchup or another cad program for this ?
I've made a couple that I had printed by a service, but I had a smooth hole formed in the bottom for the threaded bushing. If you have the matching thread pattern, that would be much better.

I made mine with sketchup and formed a recess for what was going to be a chalkboard insert. I tried just pouring some chalkboard paint in, but it shrunk as it dried. Also, using chalkboard markers left permanent shadows that you can clearly see.

V2.0 will be better...

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1484573697.269457.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1484573729.167615.jpg

Did you use sketchup or another cad program for this ?

Yes, i made the the design in the free Autodesk 123D DESIGN. For the thread i got a STL file from thingiverse which contains a thread solid and then used "subtract" to make the thread hole. See my thingiverse page for a link to the thread.

Great idea with chalkboard!

Designspark mechanical is awesome for making threads if you ever need to do one from scratch. I made some growler lids with thread to match nicely.

Yes, i made the the design in the free Autodesk 123D DESIGN. For the thread i got a STL file from thingiverse which contains a thread solid and then used "subtract" to make the thread hole. See my thingiverse page for a link to the thread.

Great idea with chalkboard!

Great!

I couldn't download Autodesk for some reason, but was able to import it and use it very easily with TinkerCad.

V2.0 coming soon!

thank you,
Mark

Back