Homebrew Talk 3D Print Thread.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tap label holders for 3" columns. They hold a 32x68mm paper label that slips in. Just friction fit on the columns, might need to make them a little tighter or add some tape long term if they loosen up.
Would you share the stl file please?

It printed, and I made one for my friend who still uses a Corona mill. It's ~50 meters of filament or about 150g. That makes filament only about $3.30 for the print. Getting the freaking supports to work was a HUGE PIA. It requires a pile of supports in the "face" area and getting those to break out while still reasonably supporting it was a crapshoot. The inside is semi-rough but I guess nobody will ever see it and it's not like it needs to be sterilized.

View attachment 739150

No, I didn't do that on purpose. I woke up to the printer beeping because the black ran out. Looks kinda cool though.

Given that it's a 19-hour print, I think you're going to have problems finding someone to print many of them.
could I buy one from you

Attachments

• IMG-0720.jpg
    IMG-0720.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Have an All American Ale Works grain mill motor that I got 5-6 years but could never have it set up at our old place. Finally got it mounted on a cart and after running for 30 seconds or so, I saw smoke coming from the fan side. The cover over the fan somehow was dented in and was touching the fan just enough to cause the smoke from the friction. So a few measurements and a few test covers for the right diameter later, printed a new cover with some flare.

Cover1.jpgCover2.jpg

Have an All American Ale Works grain mill motor that I got 5-6 years but could never have it set up at our old place. Finally got it mounted on a cart and after running for 30 seconds or so, I saw smoke coming from the fan side. The cover over the fan somehow was dented in and was touching the fan just enough to cause the smoke from the friction. So a few measurements and a few test covers for the right diameter later, printed a new cover with some flare.

View attachment 810659View attachment 810660
Oh man. For some reason, despite reading your post where you CLEARLY STATE that you printed the cover, it looks so good my brain refused to accept it. Great work on this one -- I really love the graphics!

Is it possible to create a "sanitary" FDM print? I picked up an Anycubic Kobra (that I still haven't set up ...) and a bunch of PLA+ filament Black Friday, and looking forward to making all sorts of odds 'n' ends.

Is it possible to create a "sanitary" FDM print? I picked up an Anycubic Kobra (that I still haven't set up ...) and a bunch of PLA+ filament Black Friday, and looking forward to making all sorts of odds 'n' ends.
I mean ... the proper answer is probably no. FDM has voids no matter how good you are at it. For the price, you can use them a couple times and toss them. ABS would probably allow diswasher-safe parts, PETG comes close but can still warp. If you search long enough on the Internet you will find people to tell you "PLA can be diswasher safe and used in Biological laboratories" but .... this goes to my signature block.

I don't think there really is at least without a lot of post processing.

Also worth noting that PLA does not work well on hot-side stuff due to a low melting point. I've had prints warp and sag significantly just by being in the car on a hot day.

I made this holder for K-cup filters sold on Amazon so I could degas samples for testing in my EasyDens. Its basically a miniature pour-over coffee filter.
Hi Matt I know its been awhile since your posting but do you have the .stl file to share for this coffee filter holder please

I'm finally getting back into brewing after a couple of years and I see this post dedicated to my other hobby...my 2 favorite things combined!!

Here's a few things I've designed and printed for brewing:

My latest is a lid for the 12L Speidel fermenter and airlock. I'm not sure why they don't have something like this already, so much better than the bung.
1675713759745.png

Complete with o-ring!
1675713781571.png

Printables

One of my first designs was a pin-lock post wrench:
1675713875907.png

Printables

And a pin-lock keg depressurizer, since most lids that come with them don't have a relief valve you can open (this attaches to the air post and holds it open):
1675713962285.png

Printables

And finally, hooks and wall mounts for various things, to save some space in my small 3d printing/brewing room:
1675714034564.png

1675714052211.png

1675714073102.png

Been working on rebuilding my keezer. Wanted to add a tap or two and relocate the CO2 bottle outside. First issue was figuring out where to put the bottle. Decided I wanted to just put it on the floor next to the keezer. It's got dual secondaries so tends to tip over easy - wasn't an issue inside as there really wasn't any room for it to fall over. Originally planned to build a box of some type that would fit between the keezer and the fridge next to it. Was talking to my partner and he came up with this simple idea...

Attachments

• IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1041.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
There was a divider inside that I originally used to mount the gas manifold, fan and temp probe. The divider had to go to be able to fit another keg (or two) on the hump. Relocated the manifold to the lid and my partner made this to mount the fan and temp probe using the screws that previously held the divider in place.

:mug:

Attachments

• IMG_1043.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20230505_183907.JPEG
    Resized_20230505_183907.JPEG
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
Another project. I recently picked up the Spike Steam Condenser lid and needed a new way to mount my kettle filler. I ended up heavily modifying a cable gland I downloaded from Thingiverse to beef up the locking fingers inside for repeated use, changed the base to a tri-clamp, and changed the locking nut into a hand wheel.

The filler itself I made some time back. It is quite simple. The 1/2" tube is just for mounting. The lower piece of silicone tubing provides the mechanical connection to the float. It hides a 1/4 push lock union inside. The upper piece of silicone is just a stop calibrated to fill my kettle to a standard volume most of my batches use. I may ditch that and add some calibration marks to the 1/2 tubing for different volumes. For use, I just connect a line from my RO system to the piece of 1/4 tubing sticking out the top.

The cap for this recently separated between layers. I was going to re-print but instead ordered a 1/2" compression to TC adapter. Still a 3D print project as I printed a knob that is a press fit over the hex nut on the compression side.

Attachments

• 20230506_182642292_iOS.jpg
    20230506_182642292_iOS.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230506_182658020_iOS.jpg
    20230506_182658020_iOS.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
The cap for this recently separated between layers. I was going to re-print but instead ordered a 1/2" compression to TC adapter. Still a 3D print project as I printed a knob that is a press fit over the hex nut on the compression side.
Sorry to be a pain Matt but time ago you showed a coffee filter holder, do you still have the .stl file available please.

I started another thread, then someone pointed me here. I had misplaced my (basic) tap handles in a move. Rather than buy new ones, as I had a Prusa MINI+, I searched for tap handle, couldn’t find a model pre-threaded, so I made my own model and printed it.
IMG_1718.jpeg

Then of course when I saw this thread, people have been making threaded tap handles for years and years. Makes sense…they just don’t show up in Google searches.

For anyone interested in just a basic tap handle, the .step, .stl, and .FCStd (FreeCAD) files are available here on Printables (plus a gcode file for the Mini).

And yes, I’ll be designing and printing fancier custom handles in time…especially once I get my MK4 and the MMU3…

I recently printed a tap handle with a 3/8-16 stainless nut embedded into it to give me better strength on the threads and not have to worry about pressing/epoxying in a brass insert. Definitely the way I'll be going from now on.
AJFCJaXX2shC6SmYcffl_hu4b83G_Iyth9QscSC7KU2X8A9IHpg_TjYa9GdIbyUuhH7ageBBe6YKXXOi6qmqjuN6Kz23nxTbCNq9DaWoqyNi9ffRjrMtjOZx0OlV3_fuMCwHw0eew6oeETsc-bL0VyWTS7K0-NXSQUWuGKKPhuCy82Pgh-LulK-q_nuXV4JxZ-krNR70oMRbQUmstAhg6JSVPOKeARGUtBj4YQqbjpHmYD9fWxZU3Sh2IgiB2xgLjbbFqotf20pGBZf49IWO4w052ki0S_swPlvhXjT5MWIxcd0zN8iHK40rgAVUbEzGG--qrF4NtEXM5N8_CaOttqvzzgqnHwRmDYmmCElb4eL0aVhKfN2YR_pl5Msb9_6DCwDv7j5AeY2yaKhDrt5dsH690oIC3whVK6Vxy4sKNjrahrao9aDNjTG2XFAA25wn1PypZZlq5EcF5cQiaB3dS6pezuYrG0HJm8NymBlhxWUdJfB5Ck6fWmZf56KMaFu4M5c5-dUoeaArT7u3OdZHhQjn7-kvnQGxDaQUA5rCLJCrSkkHIDVBsTsvS3UYBpJrNGU5i-m_dEdcBlZW3LKdyMquBbpD5C6nEVqnX6sGi_qwdVeN381lptTt7DgJyHuSvKHoSW47K5AA9tM2pZqKFy16VoR-CGnJFSqhfik7Z-oJ8d-sPtsBfnE5sLgrXjfbMb9zekMXieN5RVTqvSZyIQDnHb9ZK4FdH5w6WSCun34RbKSweGilUP_bqPNZZvUdmhQ9qT0GGDkgVqN-JiaPqMzV3IlYtrfQLa33Qb0iFmjidvltz6l2W9XyFEg4Iko3_T2kwO8ulrmHFp0vjUuZnGeJcYYOVc75XzypZGKm-3XQzwOHwut41eggoNKL6Hs_SjdimQs_QEc2dKNMRsudMOxJaCUf61EJrhWExoVflq4iiSX5mgbui57IURod_8lp=w400-h500-s-no

I made a VW tap handle for a buddy of mine a couple years ago; I don't keg yet. I followed this technique. However, instead of having a slot for nut to slide in the side of print, I just epoxied the nut to hex cavity I created in print. Unfortunately I don't have pics to prove it.

I made a VW tap handle for a buddy of mine a couple years ago; I don't keg yet. I followed this technique. However, instead of having a slot for nut to slide in the side of print, I just epoxied the nut to hex cavity I created in print. Unfortunately I don't have pics to prove it.
I think this is the appropriate place for "pics or it didn't happen..", or maybe "stls or it didn't happen" :)... Though maybe time for a VW inspired beer.. had a 73 bus(a few of them) that I ended up selling for more than I paid for all of them, Only reason I can claim that "I lifted the whole engine all by myself".

Few months back I made these up. Just a printed a disc with a small lip to hold the keg cap and a hole to screw into some wood handles I made. I don‘t brew as often as I would like and occasionally buy commercial kegs so wanted to be able to use the caps they come with. Painted some spares with chalk board paint to label homebrew.
210AC28B-B8C0-43C0-A72D-C56150119FCF.jpeg

33324CF8-4AB6-4998-851C-2F9ED9B16D39.jpeg

I think this is the appropriate place for "pics or it didn't happen..", or maybe "stls or it didn't happen" :)... Though maybe time for a VW inspired beer.. had a 73 bus(a few of them) that I ended up selling for more than I paid for all of them, Only reason I can claim that "I lifted the whole engine all by myself".
I concur. Just enough taunting to push me over the edge and actually create that thingiverse account. Check it out here.

I too had a few busses in my day (a 1973, and a 79). Last year I tried to see if I could buy one for ol' time sake and got sticker shock.

Attachments

• tap_handle.jpg
    tap_handle.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was copying @Muddbug idea for Carbonation Caps on bucket lids for fermentation purging kegs and closed transfer but didn’t want to mess with cutting up bottles. Made this real quick along with some laser cut rubber washers. I don’t post my files ever but happy to share it with anyone that wants.
29822646-2616-4668-B4D1-BBC6AAFCBD88.jpeg
9EACA7C0-D14D-4618-B046-BD72504DCB7E.jpeg
B7F59DCA-7906-4CEB-9A41-943AF9832DF2.jpeg
DDAA588D-94DF-4AC2-A735-AC6BB2200D02.jpeg
E21BF2AF-5458-4F09-828D-720ED768B72B.jpeg

Got a Mighty Mill three roller geared mill a while back. Recently noticed a not so good crush and realized the adjustment was slipping. The thumb screws seem nice at first but are just a bit small to get a good grip on - at least for my whimpy fingers …

:mug:

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpeg
    IMG_1485.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1487.jpeg
    IMG_1487.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1488.jpeg