Homebrew Survey!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. When did you start brewing? 2013
2. Approximately how many batches and/or gallons have you brewed (guess)? 60/350ish
3. How many homebrew competitions have you entered in (estimate)? 3
4. What was the highest score you've ever achieved at a competition and what was the style (links to recipes encouraged!)? Stupid Chinese homebrew competitions don't give feedback...
5. How many best of show awards have you won? 0
6. How many gold medals have you won? 0
7. How many total medals (1st - 3rd) have you won? 0
8. What is your favorite/best beer you brew (links to recipes encouraged!)? My regular stuff is all still work-in-progress. I have made some pretty tasty big one-off beers, though, including a barleywine that's a year and a half old and a delicious but still young quad.

OK, I'll play.

1. Started brewing: 1970
2. Amount brewed: Thousands of bladders full (and emptied)
3. Competitions entered: None
4. Highest score: N/A
5. Best of show awards: N/A
6. Gold medals: N/A
7. Total medals: N/A
8. Favorite/best beer brewed: Just a basic estate-brewed ale

Not sure why I responded. I didn't add to your survey. I only read the thread to see how long most of you have been brewing.

As I am relatively new to homebrewing, I thought it'd be a fun experience to get to know some of the fellow homebrewers on here with a short survey of sorts.

1. When did you start brewing?
2. Approximately how many batches and/or gallons have you brewed (guess)?
3. How many homebrew competitions have you entered in (estimate)?
4. What was the highest score you've ever achieved at a competition and what was the style (links to recipes encouraged!)?
5. How many best of show awards have you won?
6. How many gold medals have you won?
7. How many total medals (1st - 3rd) have you won?
8. What is your favorite/best beer you brew (links to recipes encouraged!)?

I will start:
1. When did you start brewing? I dabbled in college, but not consistently until December 2016
2. Approximately how many batches and/or gallons have you brewed (guess)? 10 batches; 37 gallons
3. How many homebrew competitions have you entered in (estimate)? 0 - but eager to get started
4. What was the highest score you've ever achieved at a competition and what was the style (links to recipes encouraged!)? NA
5. How many best of show awards have you won? NA
6. How many gold medals have you won? NA
7. How many total medals (1st - 3rd) have you won? NA
8. What is your favorite/best beer you brew (links to recipes encouraged!)? Pliny the Elder Clone (link) favorite/best thus far

Your participation is appreciated! :tank: :rockin:

1. 2006
2. 120-ish
3. 3
4. 40 APA best of show
5. One best of shown APA, one honorable mention Belgian blonde
6. 3
7. 11
8. Variations on Brewing Classic Styles Belgian Golden Strong

1. When did you start brewing? March 2017
2. Approximately how many batches and/or gallons have you brewed (guess)? 4 batches at 5 gallons a piece
3. How many homebrew competitions have you entered in (estimate)? 0
4. What was the highest score you've ever achieved at a competition and what was the style (links to recipes encouraged!)? N/A
5. How many best of show awards have you won? N/A
6. How many gold medals have you won? N/A
7. How many total medals (1st - 3rd) have you won? N/A
8. What is your favorite/best beer you brew (links to recipes encouraged!)? So far due to my limited attempts, it's been an all grain California Common beer (Anchor Steam). Recipe isn't on me at the moment, though :\

Ok, I'll join:

1:2003
2:120?
3:0
4-7: N/A
8: Current one is a Dark Rye that I brewed about 3 months ago. IMHO it turned out really well!

Back