Homebrew Supply Websites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodan said:
i thought that id add my fav shop...

Dan's Homebrewing Supplies! Small place out of Vancouver, BC.

Its weird how in Canada we dont have nearly as much home brew shops. Most shops here are all wine making, probably 90% wine and 10% beer. But the beer supplies are usually kits and VERY few shops carry supplies for all grain brewing.
Maybe its because im in Alberta?

So, i mail order all my stuff through Vancouver. Including liquid Wyeast. Dan's shop is great about shipping though, 2 day shipping, ice packs for the yeast. Plus he has whole fresh hops! The guy knows his stuff to...

Check it out! :mug:

Yes i 2nd that its a must for anyone in Canada BC.

Dan's Homebrewing Supplies

"Northern Brewer
St. Paul, MN

Williams Brewing Supply
San Leandro, CA
Homebrew, Wine, & Coffee[/QUOTE]"

Although I occasionally use the more local Hartford, CT shop Beer & Wine Makers Warehouse , I really love Northern Brewer because of their grain selections, kit selections (when I'm feeling lazy and want to kick out a mash kit), hops galore, and wyeasts. I like 'em so much I got a hat. I love that they send me so many catalogs. Makes excellent reading when daydreaming my next recipe.... its always near the couch, the computer, the toliet... etc...

I had previously been a big Williams fan and would promote their extracts but I was turned off by their yeasts, their crappy all-grain mashing kit (Northern's 10-gallon coller rig is spot on), and their limited choice of hops. That said, they do have Amarillo (which I haven't tried yet) and 2.5 gallon Corny kegs for those times when you want to bottle half and keg half for the small party

... but for the most part Northern Brewer is the bomb. Bought the Ocktoberfest extract kit on a whim and added only the spices for the Curcurbito Pepo Pumpkin ale recipe from "The Home Brewers Companion" and lagered it for months to serve at last Halloween. 5 gallons went in 30-45 minutes... (sorry for the off topic.)

kalTOrak

Tasmanian Home Brew Supplies

http://www.thbs.intas.net/

Always helpful and they seem to know their stuff. They have told me just to call them if I have a problem which is a good backup service.

Plus they are near my work - my ideal shop for a lunch time walk :D

Best HB shop in Tasmania!!!

We are a new online Homebrewing supply store. We currently carry beer ingredient kits and beer ingredients such as malt, yeast & hops. In the next few weeks we will be adding beer equipment kits and beer additives.

www.u2canbrew.com

As of January 27th we have updated our brewing equipment and supplies.

u2canbrew said:
We are a new online Homebrewing supply store. We currently carry beer ingredient kits and beer ingredients such as malt, yeast & hops. In the next few weeks we will be adding beer equipment kits and beer additives.
www.u2canbrew.com

Awesome, can I get a Bono Barleywine, an Edge ESB an Adam Clayton Cream Ale and a Larry Mullen Mead.

Where the hell are you located?

olllllo said:
Awesome, can I get a Bono Barleywine, an Edge ESB an Adam Clayton Cream Ale and a Larry Mullen Mead.

Where the hell are you located?

This is bullsh*t! Nobody cares! ... These guys are from England and who gives a sh*t!. It's just a bunch of names that don't mean diddly sh*t.

(Casey Kasem on U2)

u2canbrew said:
www.u2canbrew.com

Cool selection for extract. You can get seven pounds of LME or seven pounds of LME or seven pounds of LME ;-)

I think the selection needs to be upgraded and some equipment too. I mean, I always need to pick up a doodad with an ingredient order.

We are located in Washington State. Right smack dab in the middle of micro-brewery alley. If you have the recipes for your beers/meads and you would like to brew them let us know. We can supply whatever you need. The names really don't matter. Even if you would like a Bass Ale Clone!
We have some of the freshest hops that you will find. I went over and helped out with the harvest in Yakima WA (90% of the US hops are grown here). The yeast we sell is right next door in Oregon. Just a hop skip and a jump away. We ship all yeast priority mail to ensure freshness.
Hey, what happened to your wall?

We agree. We are updating the web site as we get more stuff in. You will see an equipment section and more grains pop up very soon.

Thanks and Cheers

How do you upgrade your stattus? Gold/senior

Just an update....

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread but, the original post should be updated to reflect that morebeer now has a minimum of $59 to qualify for free shipping and that bulk grains are no longer part of the free shipping deal.

Homebrewmart.com is good to. That is where Ballast Point beer is brewed, and they are within walking distance for me.

From While Labs Website:
The first homebrew store to carry White Labs Yeast was Home Brew Mart, in the Linda Vista area of San Diego. They carried one strain, WLP001 California Ale Yeast, for three years, selling out every week within 3 days.

The store continued to stock White Labs when the company expanded to four strains, WLP001 California Ale Yeast, WLP002 English Ale Yeast, WLP300 Hefeweizen Yeast, and WLP810 San Francisco Lager Yeast.

Now more than 50 strains of liquid yeast are available in homebrew shops nationwide and around the world,, and in thousands of ales and lagers produced by microbreweries and brewpubs.

OK I updated the first post with the new shipping for AHS and MoreBeer. I didn't go through and add any more HBS shops to the list though, because this thread has pretty much exploded with everyone listing their own local shops, when the focus here is really supposed to be online shops.

Are there any home brew supply stores in San Francisco Area?

Can't seems to find any even after doing a search.

Tom Smith said:
Rodan is right, there really aren't very many homebrew shops in Canada that deal in stuff other than wine or beer kits.

The three that I know of in Canada are:

wineandbeerfactory.com/
www.paddockwood.com/
www.5gallons.com/

If anybody has other links for Canadian websites, please post them!

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but the prices for DME seem absurd. Take, for instance, Munton's Amber DME at Paddock's site.

Using beersmith, I find that I need about 3kg of that DME for a simple IPA; that's 3 kg @ 14.99 ea. = 44.97! Am I overlooking something here?

Link to Munton's DME

www.listermann.com offers free shipping East of the Mississippi on orders over $35. Fresh extract, friendly and knowledgeable staff. This is my "local" HBS(40 mi. away). They helped me out alot with getting started. Check em out.

allright check out these places

gambrinus malting corp
address 1101 industrial drive rr6 armstrong bc
250-546-8911 (ps no need for huge orders they will sell you a 25kg or 55lb bag at
a time im only 20 min away thats the best thing about where i live)

askim's beer & wine emporium 1125 haultain street victoria bc (vancouver island)
http://www.askims.com/ tel 1-888-361-3627

dans homebrewing supplies 692 east hastings st vancouver bc
tel 604-251-3411 web http://pacificcoast.net/~dansmall/beer.html

http://www.paddockwood.com/index.php
tel 1-306-477-5632 ( these guys use to be the main online source in
canada but latly they have been out of evryting it seems i suggest
using dan in vancouver ps paddockwood are out of some hops till fall i have
no problem getting them at dtores in bc .

I've been using these guys for kit brewing and equipment

http://www.homebrewery.com/

I've been very happy with the kits, every batch has turned out great. The owner is very responsive to questions also, I've emailed several times and always get a helpful response within a day or so.

Also ordered a better bottle with a racking outlet and valve. Received it but the outer part of the valve was not included. Called and explained, it was shipped out that day express mail and I received the next day!

I would like to put a deposition, here in Brazil is very difficult find products for homebrew, mainly equipments, I have been navigating for all of the suggestions presented by the friends and I really still didn't find better site than morebeer, besides already accomplished two purchases and I am very satisfied with the products and the speed of the purchase and delivery. The only point to be observed is in relation to the international freight that it is a little high, but what doesn't do for a good beer....
Morebeer thank you very much!!
http://morebeer.com/

I looked through all 17 pages and didn't see this mentioned. morebeer is not shipping bulk grain orders for free, or glass carboys either so if you're ordering 50 lb sacks of grains you might want to go through austin, who will ship for 5.99. Morebeer quoted 51$ shipping on a 50 lb sack of maris otter! Ridiculous!!

LHBS for the central NY region: EJ Wren

www.ejwren.com

Can order online, don't know what shipping would be like. I go in-person since its so close. Very knoweldgeable staff!

mward said:
I looked through all 17 pages and didn't see this mentioned. morebeer is not shipping bulk grain orders for free, or glass carboys either so if you're ordering 50 lb sacks of grains you might want to go through austin, who will ship for 5.99. Morebeer quoted 51$ shipping on a 50 lb sack of maris otter! Ridiculous!!

To be fair to More Beer, $51 is not ridiculous. That is probably how much it cost to ship. You can't take that out on the homebrew store. You can't blame them for trying to collect the actual shipping charges.

Forrest

mward said:

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but Austin HomeBrew does not sell 55lb sacks. The bulk, unmilled option is usually 40lbs. Is this a sack from the maltster or a bag they package (not that it matters)? Also, not to say anything against AHS, but these bulk prices are only marginally cheaper than the per pound price (maybe $5 on 40lbs).

Honestly, if MoreBeer shipped you a 55lb sack of grain for free, they would be taking a loss.

So when you do the math, ($44.95+51)/55lbs from B3 gives you $1.74/lb. and ($53.99+5.99)/40lbs from AHS gives $1.50/lb.

Back