HomeBrew Supply Stores FLORIDA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLYPacNW

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations of HomeBrew Supply Shops along the East Coast of Florida, ideally in the Vero Beach/Stuart (Treasure Coast) area but anywhere between Orlando (East) and down West Palm Beach would be acceptable. It appears our area has limited resources in this regard.

Thanks

Wish I could help more. If you were in Tampa we have an amazing one. Why not buy online if you can't find a local one?

surprisingly home brew stores are few and far between. We have a pretty good one here in Ft. Myers. I am lucky otherwise I would have to go to Tampa.

Online might be the best. I order from Austin Homebrew from time to time with good service.

Thanks guys! Scortino & Sons is indeed the closest, but they are only open 2 hours per day...I'm not sure how that's a sustainable operation, but in any case their reviews are indeed stellar so they must be good! I need yeast STAT before my cider starts the job for me, so an online order is not an option. I am going to Orlando first thing in the AM to visit Orlando Brewing Supply and will work my way south via Brocks in Melbourne and Scortino & Sons in Sebastian just so I can optimize my chances to get what I need.

I wonder how profitable the average LHBS is

I'm sure in a place with a large catchment area like Tampa and Orlando, they probably don't do too bad but on the Treasure Coast where the population isn't centered but is spread over a 200-mile coastline, I can imagine it could be hard to hold it down.

Southern Brewing? Bummer they don't ship anymore.

Yes! They may not have the equipment selection you'll find on some online shops, but they have a ton of different grain options, hops, and yeast strains. The best part about Southern is how knowledgeable the staff is, especially when you're just getting started. We have another LHBS, but the owner is very strange/talked for like an hour and a half when my friend and I just needed an auto-siphon. The employees there don't know much about brewing beer. I stopped in a second time when I needed an extra stopper for a Big Mouth Bubbler. I asked what size stopper I would need because I forgot to bring the lid with. The employee had no idea what a Big Mouth Bubbler was. Long story short, I'm very loyal to Southern for majority of my needs.

Back