Homebrew Shops in Denver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly2378

Reaction score
For those of you in the Denver area, what's your favorite homebrew supply shop? I'll be down there for Memorial Day weekend and plan on picking up some supplies while I'm in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I don't ever go into Denver proper, but there are a lot of homebrew shops in the area. I go to 'Do Your Brew' in Westminster frequently. They've got a good supply of hops. I've only been there once, but the homebrew shop at Dry Dock looked pretty nice.

I've been to the dry dock place and they offer a good amount of grain, I forget what their hop selection is like. Now I go to a place in Castle Rock called because its closer to me and they have an equivalent selection I would say.

What are you looking for and where will you be?

There have been quite a few smaller shops opening up in the 'burbs.

The two with the biggest selections are The Brew Hut in Aurora and Stomp Them Grapes in Denver.

Brew Hut is located right next to Dry Dock Brewing Company so you can have a glass of Dry Dock's beer and wander through the shop. They also have kits of some of Dry Dock's beers. They have a great selection of grains, yeast and hops. There is an amazing amount of gear, as well. The pricing is a bit on the high side.

Stomp Them Grapes is in a warehouse that can be a little hard to find. They have a huge area and perhaps an even wider selection of grains. Limited yeast, only White Labs, I believe. Good prices.

There are many more shops. Let us know what area you may be in so we can narrow it down a bit more.

We're staying out in the Stapleton area, kinda sorta near the airport, but we'll be spending a lot of time in the downtown area too. I was actually planning on a stop at Dry Dock and didn't realize there was a shop right there, so that would be a good option. I'm really just looking for a few small things (bottle caps, cleaners/sanitizers, maybe a few ingredients) and don't want to pay for shipping on a relatively small order. Thanks for the suggestions!

Grainy Days is the homebrew shop nearest the Stapleton area. It is in the same industrial park as Caution Brewing Co, so you can stop off for a couple of beers before or after shopping.

They do have somewhat limited hours, so I would check to make sure they are open before you head over there.

As you are going to be in the Stapleton area, check out Stapleton Tap House which keeps 30 different Colorado only beers on tap.

In a blatant plug, also come by Station 26 Brewery Co. I should have nine beers on this weekend.

Cheers,
Wayne

If you head north a bit, Quirky Homebrew has been a home run for me. Tons of...well, everything. And the best prices i've found. No c02 refills though

If you're in Boulder, I found that Hop To It! was a store with a lot to recommend it*. I sure wish we had something like that locally. As it is, I'm locked into the online vendors....

*Other than the great beer scene, the scenery, and the usual historical attractions any town has, Boulder is otherwise chiefly remarkable as one of the most annoying college towns I've ever been in (and we live near Champaign-Urbana IL, home of the U of I). I've never seen as high a percentage of entitled white people anywhere in my 70 winters.

Nothing against Boulder, but considering the Bolder Boulder 10K is this weekend, I'll stay away. I ran that race a couple years ago and have witnessed the mass insanity first hand. Just too many damn people in one place at one time. Shame, because there are some breweries there I'd like to visit.

If you head north a bit, Quirky Homebrew has been a home run for me. Tons of...well, everything. And the best prices i've found. No c02 refills though

I am working on doing CO2 refills, goal will be to be ready to fill by mid July. I just emailed the rep again as we are meeting this week to start the ball rolling. Thanks for the kind comments!

I'll second the recommendation for Quirky. Greg is great to deal with, the prices are good and they have a good selection (probably the best selection of malt in Colorado)

Back