Homebrew Ethics: WIFE DUMPED MY BREW!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please mail me one pint of your best brew, so that i may dump it out and tell you to "chill", "man up", "grow up" and "relax".:rockin:

maybe you should hit her with a toaster, like your father would have done to you if you dumped his beer. j/k j/k don't hit her with a toaster, you need that for toast

you should have Mel Gibson'd her a$$. come out of the bathroom yelling YOU RUINED ME!!! ARRRGGGGGHH (HEAVY BREATHING, SNORTING). AT LEAST A MAN DESERVES A FULL IPA BEFORE HE GETS IN THE HOT TUB! AHHHRRRRR!!!!

Throw in a good dose of Charlie Sheen and I think you're on to something. I WILL LOVE YOU VIOLENTLY!!! I WILL DRINK MY HOMEBREW VIOLENTLY!!!

Man I'm staying north of Bakersfield California tonight I wish I could get somthing as good as a new castle.

Throw in a good dose of Charlie Sheen and I think you're on to something. I WILL LOVE YOU VIOLENTLY!!! I WILL DRINK MY HOMEBREW VIOLENTLY!!!

Buy a Bentley for transporting your homebrew and then buy your wife a ford fiesta

Tell her, "eye for an eye" and grab one of her porcelain cat figurines and smash it on the floor

Wait, at no point did I hear that the OP called his local water/sewage dept to see if he can get someone to track down his dumped beer. He should have been getting blueprints on the pipe layout and followed the stream his water took while on the phone with the water company speaking in quiet yet earnest Jack Bauer fashoin to where he would eventually set explosives to expose the piping and used a pick axe to break open the pipes in order to retrieve his beer.

This guy did none of those things. Beer enthusiast my ass

ha ha. Even easier, could've collected the beer from the p-trap under the sink.

jerichobill said:
Who's in the wrong??? The Wife???? The Buddy??? Me for brewing Cream Ale???

I reckon you are, for brewing a bad IPA... :)

Maybe your wife was just doing your buddy a favor by dumping it... ;-)

U never dump beer I remeber back in college after a good house party and theres always those couple of ppl nightcaping and out of beer we would go search the house for wounded soldiers.
Beware the cigbutts and chew spit lol

U never dump beer I remeber back in college after a good house party and theres always those couple of ppl nightcaping and out of beer we would go search the house for wounded soldiers.

wtf? that is disgusting

Yes that is disgusting and my point exactly. One, I would never do that even in college because I'm not, nor have I ever been, a raging alcoholic. Two, we are (mostly) adults now and drink beer out of enjoyment. I've drawn pints from my keezer before and had a few drinks and just dumped it because I wasn't in the mood. It's just not a big deal.

Did I just get called out by the great Revvy??? I've finally arrived on this forum. Hey revvy...it's just beer, huh? Considering that you're pushing your 27,000th post on this site, I'm guessing it's probably not "just beer" to you either.

To the rest who say that my wife was being a good hostess, I wonder how your wives would react if you dumped the dried out pot roast she presented to you and said "I think I'll order myself a pizza for dinner instead."

Um, you're comparing your IPA to dried out pot roast?, no wonder he didn't dig it.;)

Did I just get called out by the great Revvy??? I've finally arrived on this forum. Hey revvy...it's just beer, huh? Considering that you're pushing your 27,000th post on this site, I'm guessing it's probably not "just beer" to you either.

To the rest who say that my wife was being a good hostess, I wonder how your wives would react if you dumped the dried out pot roast she presented to you and said "I think I'll order myself a pizza for dinner instead."

+1 best post so far

please mail me one pint of your best brew, so that i may dump it out and tell you to "chill", "man up", "grow up" and "relax".:rockin:

Wow. Just Wow. All this over 12 ounces of beer?

Seems to me she should have drank the beer and dumped the brewer.

She's wrong. Wife's should always confer with their husbands on everything. Did she put in the hard work to brew the beer? Is your buddy a B***H for not liking your IPA and not stopping her from dumping in out? I would have been pissed at the time but would have slowly forgot about it over time.

Why?

I think what happened is you came on this board thinking that everyone would be up in arms over *gasp* a dumped homebrew. Now that there's opposition, you're getting defensive, which is understandable.

However, as others have mentioned, most of us are adults and have left that "wounded soldier" talk (stupid frat talk to begin with) behind. We also realize the cost of a beer and know when something isn't important enough to worry about.

She's wrong. Wife's should always confer with their husbands on everything. Did she put in the hard work to brew the beer? Is your buddy a B***H for not liking your IPA and not stopping her from dumping in out? I would have been pissed at the time but would have slowly forgot about it over time.

Since when is brewing hard work?

Since when is brewing hard work?

Well having 2 kids, another due on 22 March, a full time job, part time job, big ass house to take care of, military obligations, amongst other crap,

brewing a great beer is hard work for me.

But of course I'm speaking for my self here while drinking a mighty fine brown ale. :mug:

OP, can you get your wife to join this thread? would love to bash her more directly

Well having 2 kids, another due on 22 March, a full time job, part time job, big ass house to take care of, military obligations, amongst other crap,

brewing a great beer is hard work for me.

But of course I'm speaking for my self here while drinking a mighty fine brown ale. :mug:

Enjoy your brown ale and thank you for your service, but taking care of your wife is also one of your primary responsibilities. You have a lot on your plate. Would you get bent out of shape over a glass of beer? I doubt it.

Destroy everything she loves... it's the only way she'll ever learn. The only way she'll ever experience the pain she caused you by dumping a glass of YOUR beer down the drain.

Seriously though, it's a glass of damn beer. Is it really worth getting all bent out of shape over? Just tell the wife that next time someone can't finish a homebrew to hold it for you.

Enjoy your brown ale and thank you for your service, but taking care of your wife is also one of your primary responsibilities. You have a lot on your plate. Would you get bent out of shape over a glass of beer? I doubt it.

that's my biggest responsibility now and no I wouldn't get mad about a beer but then again she wouldn't dump it. :mug:

Back