homebrew club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopmonster

Reaction score
hey guys,
Me and a few buddies have started a homebrew club and looking for input on club names. We have a handful of good ones already but would like to hear more options. :mug:

Use something local. Our club voted a few months ago on our name, Overmountain Brewers. Which harkens back to the Overmountain Men in the Rev War.

For Denton Texas, maybe things such as:
Trinity River Trub-a-dors
Comanche Moon Brewers- after the lack of security during the civil war.
Blackland Prairie Brewers

Some Denton-centric names:

Spicewood Home Brewers
Old Town Brewers
Golden Peak Homebrew
Goat Man Home Brew Club(my personal denton-centric favorite)

Anything that refers to the 940, Eagles, or the color Green is overplayed imo

I'd love to see a solid club crop up here in Denton, btw. The NTHBA is awesome, but the drive into the metroplex has kept me away from it. That traffic...

The guy asking is from Newnan Ga.

The local club here is the Green Bay Rackers - a play on the local sports collective (maybe you've seen us hoist a Lombardi trophy a time or 2)

Puns are always fun.

The guy asking is from Newnan Ga.

The local club here is the Green Bay Rackers - a play on the local sports collective (maybe you've seen us hoist a Lombardi trophy a time or 2)

Puns are always fun.

Ahhh... so he is... MY BAD!

My club went with Bellingham Homebrewers Guild. We preferred a general name so the wider world knows what we are about.

yeah its hard to think of cool names. have yall heard the brewery called yeastie boys, Im a big music guy and was working around the music thing. DJ E-Z HOP

I think most homebrew clubs have horrible names using contrived acronyms somewhat related to geography and brewing. UGH.

My only advice is to keep it simple. If the name happens to fit into an acronym great.

I'd try to avoid putting the homebase town in the name as you may go a bit more regional eventually and feel pigeon holed. Using the county might work or directional area of the state like "West Georgia Homebrewers"

If for some reason you really want to contrive an acronym, come up with an exhaustive list of brewing words then list all the first letters horizontally. It will help you visualized patterns. Breaking a few of my recommendations already, something like "ZING" "Zymurgists in Newnan Georgia" ugh, I hate it already.

I think most homebrew clubs have horrible names using contrived acronyms somewhat related to geography and brewing. UGH.

Agreed. I mean, who would really want to be a WHALE? ;)

That said, I'm a proud member of BFD (Brew Free or Die) an homage to our NH state motto... That makes me a BFDer, IBMer, and I'm sure a handful of other similarly useless TLA's...

Agreed. I mean, who would really want to be a WHALE? ;)

That said, I'm a proud member of BFD (Brew Free or Die) an homage to our NH state motto... That makes me a BFDer, IBMer, and I'm sure a handful of other similarly useless TLA's...

Hey, I may be the president but I never said I thought the name was great.

Brew Free or Die is a cool club name. It would only be a contrived acronym if BFD was a brew-related word.

Here's a typical one that I mean:

PALE ALES
Princeton and Local Environs Ale and Lager Enthusiast Society

Back