Homebrew Club Design

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVKTR2

Reaction score
I've got a bug up my .... to start a homebrew club here in central MS. Well since homebrewing is illegal in my fair state it seemed fitting to call it something along the lines of Masked Brewers of Mississippi, Mississippi Underground Fermentation Foundation, Mississippi Ale & Lager Enthusiast, Mississippi Bandits Brewing Club, etc

I had a vision of a guy wearing a ski mask playing off of our need to stay hidden, a group shunned by society, ready to strike fear into the hearts of BMC drinkers everywhere!

Tshirtdesigndev.jpg

I thought on the back we could put something to the effect

Ask me about homebrewing! then in small letters below put ... but whisper.

Schlante,
Phillip

that guy has crazy written all over his eyes, you probably don't want him as your mascott. Go with a friendly woodchuck or badger or something, and don't forget rainbows secret clubs always need rainbows.

No fuzzy critters! No racoons, and absolutely NO RAINBOWS! It's not my fault the state of Mississippi has all homebrewers on "Double Secret Probation"!

Crazy isn't exactly the look I was going for, but MAD absolutely MAD both mentally and emotionally. I was having visions of the IRA members with the ski mask on in the Tom Clancy movie, Patriot Games? Can't remember which one it was off hand.... but that's the look and I think I nailed it! :rockin:

You can't tell me that's not a cool T-shirt! As for the official logo if there would be one, maybe do a clipped area of the eyes over the letters, or perhaps a clean graphic of a ski mask in some kind of circular orientation!

Schlante,
Phillip

fwiw here's the original image.

ist2_6110347-criminal.jpg

I didn't think he looked that "mad" in the original... more stupid!

Schlante,
Phillip

I like the raccoon idea. SOmehting along these lines...

raccoon51.jpg

I am using this pics for a label for one of mine....

No way MUFF it is. hahah

I do like the Underground Beer Road, but .... probably not, needs to be something with "fermentation" or "brewing" in it!

Ahhh Someone caught on.... You win a cookie! That was one of our (me and a coworker/fellow homebrewer) first ideas, but it's not something I want on a shirt that my daughter would be seeing. Kind of funny as a joke, but not a legitimate option. We were trying to come up with an acronym. Tried using

Foam?
Brew?
Yeast?

Anything with the letters M, H, B, and/or F work best. (Mississippi, Homebrewers, Beer/Brewers, and/or Fermenters)

Help with an acronym that spells a bier related or generally cool word would be GREAT!

Schlante,
Phillip

There are more things you could tie in. The local homebrew group here calls themselves "SNOBs," the Society of North Oakland Brewers (referring to Oakland County, Michigan). So there are some other words you could bring in, particularly for the specific region of Mississippi. However, you could also bring in some synonyms for group (i.e. society, fraternity, club, guild, organization, committee, etc.). Have fun with it.

Back