Home Winemaking Book?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
Old member here, but always a beer maker. I'm looking to get started with making wine, and am wondering if there is a go-to book to buy? I will be making wine from kits, at least to begin with. I remember when I bought my first beer making equipment, it came with a book that was considered "the" book on home brewing. Is there an equivalent for wine?

I'd consider "The Way to Make Wine" by Warrick or "Techniques in Home Winemaking" by Pambianchi to be the wine equivalents to "How to Brew" by Palmer. But these are really focused on making wine from fresh grapes. I'm not sure how helpful they would be if you make kits. They're ideal starting points if you think you might want to move away from kits though.

Also try winemakingtalk.com. Great info there and a few familiar "faces".

If you are going to make wine from kits, the instructions, plus the info you get from this website, will be more than enough to keep you going.

If you decide to move to fruit or grapes, there are lots of books, but this website is really a condensed version of most of them.

Start reading and learning...

Back