Home made bottle washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrollyn

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share the idea I came up with for a bottle washer.
I bought a brass dishwasher connection at Home Depot (they have a female garden hose sized connection on one side, and a little copper tubing style connection on the other end, on an elbow.) the nice thing is that it is about the cheapest brass fitting they sell, only about three bucks. I took a Starbucks cold cup straw, that has a little bulge at one end, and screwed it into where the copper fitting would go. In my laundry tub (which has garden hose style threads) I screwed on a spray nozzle, pointing down. The threads at the other end of the nozzle fit the dishwasher connection, which I then screw on there. The straw sticks up at a slight angle and is a little bit flexible. When you stick a bottle down over the straw and squeeze the spray nozzle handle, it really shoots out a good spray into the bottle and then runs down into the tub.

Back