Home Brewing owining a Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nil

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I was wondering if a person who own a Brewing Company are allowed to still be a homebrewer and make private parties.

Thanks, Nil:mug:

Actually not a bad question as sometimes getting a license for something prohibits other activities. case in Point...If you have a concealed weapons permit in Washington State you have to carry concealed were non permitted people are able to open carry.

Actually not a bad question as sometimes getting a license for something prohibits other activities. case in Point...If you have a concealed weapons permit in Washington State you have to carry concealed were non permitted people are able to open carry.

Sorry but this sounded ridiculous to me so I had to look it up. I don't see anything in the state code that supports the above assertion. Here's the state code I found:
http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050

But back to the OP original question, every state has its own regulations on what a liquor licensee can do or not do. It seems reasonable that a licencee can brew at home and serve the beer like anyone else. But state laws can be quirky and nonsensical, so its best to search the state code in question.

The brewery is licensed, not the brewer. Doesn't matter who does the brewing at home, it's homebrew. Doesn't matter who does the brewing in the brewery, it's commercial beer.

Absolutely nothing stopping a pro brewer from also brewing at home.

Sorry but this sounded ridiculous to me so I had to look it up. I don't see anything in the state code that supports the above assertion. Here's the state code I found:
http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050

But back to the OP original question, every state has its own regulations on what a liquor licensee can do or not do. It seems reasonable that a licencee can brew at home and serve the beer like anyone else. But state laws can be quirky and nonsensical, so its best to search the state code in question.

That's what the Sheriff department told me when I got mine...just taking it on blind faith until told differently by local authorities...and yes I thought it was insane myself..
Just like me having a CDL and even if Im driving my personal vehicle not for Hire I am still held to a higher standing of under .04 alcohol limit just for having it...verses your .08 limit in this state...Unconstitutional in my opinion but there it is. They can make any laws they want to.
So my message to the OP stands...check it out with your state..don't just assume its OK just as you advised.

That's what the Sheriff department told me when I got mine...just taking it on blind faith until told differently by local authorities...and yes I thought it was insane myself..
Just like me having a CDL and even if Im driving my personal vehicle not for Hire I am still held to a higher standing of under .04 alcohol limit just for having it...verses your .08 limit in this state...Unconstitutional in my opinion but there it is. They can make any laws they want to.
So my message to the OP stands...check it out with your state..don't just assume its OK just as you advised.

A) Police officers are not lawyers or law experts. Don't take their word for anything that they are not arresting you for, and even then you'll fight that later.

B) Trying to draw parallels between the laws that govern CDLs or CCW and the laws that govern brewing is ludicrous. Just stop.

The brewery is licensed, not the brewer. Doesn't matter who does the brewing at home, it's homebrew. Doesn't matter who does the brewing in the brewery, it's commercial beer.

Absolutely nothing stopping a pro brewer from also brewing at home.

Accurate. This is the only response you need to read.

Hello Guys,

I was wondering if a person who own a Brewing Company are allowed to still be a homebrewer and make private parties.

Thanks, Nil:mug:

Also, I'm guessing since you're asking the question that you own a brewery in Canton. What brewery? My wife is from Canton and we'll probably go visit her brother there before too long.

Latest posts

Back