Home Brew Wine Barrel 13 Gallons - EBAY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doed

Belching Dog Brewery
Reaction score
I have one of these and just put a 5 gallon batch (6 gallons total) in it and put it in my fermentation chamber. When I lifted it, I noticed the handles flexed a little.

My question is for anyone that uses one of these, will the handles be able to support a 10 gallon batch? Have you lifted a 10 gallon batch using the handles?

HomebrewWineBarrel.JPG

This could be a dangerous assumption, but given that it is designed to hold 13 gallons of wine, the handles should "handle" it.

I would love to find a way to ferment 10 gallons together instead of in (2) 6 gallon buckets. But I can't see lifting that into a chest freezer.....:(

Let us know how it works.

Can't help with the flex but these are totally okay to ferment in? It says they used to hold bagged neproxin pills? I wouldn't mind spending $30 on a vessel that lets me ferment 10 gallons of beer.

Wow! Is a 14 gallon FV too large for 10 gallons of beer?

I hope not because I have approximately 6 gallons of Porter in mine now and it is nearing the end of fermentation.

I didn't really notice much of a smell to mine when I got it. I just hosed it out and wiped it down and sanitized as usual.

Back