Holy Mackerel Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperdude

Reaction score
Any body try these? There out of Florida. I had my first double and a saison from them and want to hear every ones opinion about them before I decide never brew a saison or double again:drunk:

The Mack in black is their best offering. A black IPA with pomegranate. But theyre relatively new and also a contract brewer as of now so they still have some kinks to work out. They've progressively gotten better as they go.

Can't say I've had any of their beers, but I've got to speak up for Saison. It's one of my favorite styles. If you didn't like that one, go grab a bottle of Ommegang Hennepin. If you don't like that one either, then you don't like Saison. I haven't met one I didn't like, though.

I just had some beers with the owner, bob, a few weeks ago. He is a good guy. I'm not sure what beers you have as they only make three, a golden strong, panic attack which is a stronger golden ale, and mack in black which is a dark winter seasonal mentioned above. No saison or double. His beers are good but a bit boozy, and I agree that his contract brewery has been improving over time too. Give them another try, on tap if you can.

I just had some beers with the owner, bob, a few weeks ago. He is a good guy. I'm not sure what beers you have as they only make three, a golden strong, panic attack which is a stronger golden ale, and mack in black which is a dark winter seasonal mentioned above. No saison or double. His beers are good but a bit boozy, and I agree that his contract brewery has been improving over time too. Give them another try, on tap if you can.

yes I had the golden strong and the panic attack. The labels must of thrown me off

The Mack in Black is one of my favorites. I emailed them about the recipe and they provided it. I'm brewing it currently and can post if desired.

Back