holy cow, am I having a rough night....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to go with Pandora (but the traditional Pandora's Box so I have less doctoring of images to do.)

But, since I like the Murphy's Law thing, I'll probably work it in somehow.

"Pandora's Box is brewed in strict accordance to both the Bavarian Purity and Murphy's Laws"​

There were two real pluses that I havent seen you speak of yet about this brew session.

1. This beer will probably be a good. Good is a weak word for this beer. It will carry your brewing achievements to a level you have yet to obtain.

This alone will make the night worth it... but theres more...

2. You got to wake the sister in law up in the middle of the night.

Either of those alone would make the session worth everything you went through. Together makes this session something to be remembered and studied. Even discussed for generations, passed down from brew father to brew father. The techniques you perfected on this session should emulated on all succedding brew days, these bottles should be placed in a special place and only offered on occasions that are worthy of the mantel obtained on this momentous event.

Sorry I got a little off thread there. But it was cool you got to wake the sister in law up. Usually i have to drunk dial mine to wake them up.

Sean

This is the basic label. I might tweak it with a few text additions, but probably not too much or it will get cluttered.

pandorasbox_00.jpg

-walker

Pity it's not a bock. Then you could name it "Pandora's Bocks". (Hmm. It could be a bock for all I know. What sort of animal is Fat Tire anyway?)

Nice label, though. :)

Regicider said:
Pity it's not a bock. Then you could name it "Pandora's Bocks".

Oh, man! Nice call. I should have saved that name for a Bock. Oh well...

Regicider said:
(Hmm. It could be a bock for all I know. What sort of animal is Fat Tire anyway?)

It's almost a mythical beast. It is THE beer that put The New Belgian Brewing Company on the map. I love the beer, but I honestly don't know why it became such a 'prize' to beer connoisseurs. It's a much sought-after amber ale with belgian roots (belgians call mountain bikes "fat tire bikes" and this is where it gets its name... the brewmaster came up with the recipe while biking in Belgium.) The beer is SO sought-after that people will actually make special trips West to get it, or will pay friends to have some shipped to them.

If you live west of the Mississippi river, you should look around for it and give it a try. See what all the hype is about. It's bready and delicious, but I won't be making any pilgrimages to get it!

Regicider said:
Nice label, though. :)

Thanks.

-walker

Walker said:
If you live west of the Mississippi river, you should look around for it and give it a try. See what all the hype is about. It's bready and delicious, but I won't be making any pilgrimages to get it!

Well, if you travel far enough east of the Mississippi, I'm sure you'll get to Oslo, Norway eventually. That's where I live. Obtaining a bottle of Fat Tire might be slightly too much of a hassle... :)

Thanks for the info, though.

Back