Hoboken / Jersey city, beer bars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icu812

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with some good beer bars or brewpubs in those areas.

I was wondering about the exact same thing. Will be there for a few days and would like to taste some great american craft beers.

I lived in Hoboken for about 5 years, from '87 to '91nwhen I was at Stevens Institute of Technology. One of my favorite places was The Brass Rail, on the corner of 2nd and Washington St. Good beer list. We used to go for live blues and Weissbiers every week. Website is www.thebrassrailnj.com. TX/AZ doen by the PATH station used to be great, but was less than mediocre when I was there for lunch in Feb. Been a while so hard to suggest much else.

Other good place we used to frequent was The Front Porch in Hawthorne. Not in Hoboken/Jersey City, but easy to get to by train - no driving involved. They had a 100 beer club back then, don't know if they still do. This place introduced me to many a great beer. Unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy them as much as I could - the goal was to master the 100 club, which I did in 8 trips......don't remember much about the train ride back to Hoboken.

The Zeppelin Hall is great. The place is huge there are taps as far as the eye can see plus they have great german food. If you go durring a sporting event it gets pretty packed but there are TV"s everywhere.

Back