Hiya from KC!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Hi, Im new to homebrewing and am excited to continue my family's lineage of homebrewers. My uncles started brewing back in the late 80's and recently me and my brothers decided to try our hand at it. Being good midwestern boys we are currently looking at brewing up an unfiltered wheat as well as a brown ale, a stout, and a lager.

Very excited to get going!!!

Welcome whiskeytango! I am am have been trying to perfect a boulevard wheat clone for a couple of years now. Getting closer but I am still a ways off. I have a killer recipe for a brown ale that stays in the keg fridge about year round! You guys be careful up there over the next few days. News says it may get a little wet!

Welcome to the forum. If you guys ever want to do a collaboration brew day, let me know. I'm in the northland area too.

Id for sure love to do a collaboration. I have a couple of local guys that I am going to try to teach how to brew. Id love to meet some of you guys. I might be able to help with the ingredients wink wink.

Id for sure love to do a collaboration. I have a couple of local guys that I am going to try to teach how to brew. Id love to meet some of you guys. I might be able to help with the ingredients wink wink.

Sounds awesome! I've been lucky enough to brew twice in the past week, but always up for another batch. Did a batch of wheat Friday for SWMBO, and a nut brown today for me. Hope business is going well! If you ever open up a brick and mortar, let me know.

It would be fun to get a bunch of KC area guys together for collaboration/group brew days, and cycle through who hosts. We could even fill a barrel sometime, if everybody is game.

I had a bottle of their Smokestack Series Double-Wit this afternoon... and then took a nap! :)

Nice to see another KC area brewer.

Sounds awesome! I've been lucky enough to brew twice in the past week, but always up for another batch. Did a batch of wheat Friday for SWMBO, and a nut brown today for me. Hope business is going well! If you ever open up a brick and mortar, let me know.

It would be fun to get a bunch of KC area guys together for collaboration/group brew days, and cycle through who hosts. We could even fill a barrel sometime, if everybody is game.

Like a revolving poker night per say only brewing. I like it! Ill let you know on the brick n mortar. I would love for it to happen just trying to get all of the logistics worked out. In the mean time if you ever need anything on short notice let me know. Swmbo works off I29 n 64th so I could get it that far or you can always pick up at my house!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Cheers! BTW I'm a huge fan of what Boulevard has been doing with their Smokestack series, especially their Sixth Glass Ale. And of course their classic Unfiltered Wheat. For my money its the best drinking beer around.

Like a revolving poker night per say only brewing. I like it! Ill let you know on the brick n mortar. I would love for it to happen just trying to get all of the logistics worked out. In the mean time if you ever need anything on short notice let me know. Swmbo works off I29 n 64th so I could get it that far or you can always pick up at my house!

That's great! I live about 10 min. from there. I'm interested in some full bags of base grain, and possibly even some large quantities of specialty grain. Maybe you can PM me some prices on domestic 2-row, Maris Otter, Munich, C20*, C40*, C60*, and Amber. Also, checked out the web site. You've really added a lot of stuff since you first started. Great price on your fermentation buckets, and I need to replace a couple.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Cheers! BTW I'm a huge fan of what Boulevard has been doing with their Smokestack series, especially their Sixth Glass Ale. And of course their classic Unfiltered Wheat. For my money its the best drinking beer around.

If you like the Sixth Glass, wait until you have the Bourbon Barrel Quad! It's simply amazing. I've still got a bottle of the '08, '09, and '10. Waiting for the '11 and '12 for a 5 year vertical tasting. Did a 3 year one this winter, and the '08 has gotten even better!

Back