Hit a wall tonight (maybe before now)....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

Komodo

Reaction score
I’m currently retooling my whole process using 3G kegs as my “unit”. It was born from many factors, space concerns, new fermenter (long story), switching to kegs only, blah blah. I’m actually having fun doing it, and the goal was less beer, brew more often/consistently. Previously I was brewing in spurts, with large volumes of high gravity and it just wasn’t working out.

NightFlight

Reaction score
I haven't brewed or drank in months. I learned to make great beer a few years back, But I've had enough accidents where I wake up on the floor halfway between the living room and the kitchen. I've gone keto and taken up light cardio and resistve bodyweight training. (100 pushups/etc). Lost bunch of weight and have an awareness and lightness of foot again, not seen in 30 years ago in my early 20s. Throwing clothes three waist sizes too large.

Beer is fantastic, but brewing and tap on hand for some people is dangerous. I'm great with moderation, I used to moderate my drinking all day. :/

Grizwold1

Grizwold Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Previously I was brewing in spurts, with large volumes of high gravity and it just wasn’t working out.
I was much the same--not necessarily high gravity but 10-gallon batches. As the only beer drinker in the family it ended up being several months between brews. In the interim I would forget much of the process, etc. so each brew session was almost like the first. Long story short, Anvil 6.5 and brew small batches more often=better consistency. And variety.

HutBrew

Reaction score
I haven't brewed or drank in months. I learned to make great beer a few years back, But I've had enough accidents where I wake up on the floor halfway between the living room and the kitchen. I've gone keto and taken up light cardio and resistve bodyweight training. (100 pushups/etc). Lost bunch of weight and have an awareness and lightness of foot again, not seen in 30 years ago in my early 20s. Throwing clothes three waist sizes too large.

Beer is fantastic, but brewing and tap on hand for some people is dangerous. I'm great with moderation, I used to moderate my drinking all day. :/
Along your lines @NightFlight, ethyl was a little out of hand for me too…

I cut out drinking 6-7 days/week mid July- I reserve beer/alcohol for Friday and Saturday. Trying to lose weight plus be more clear for the workday (I teach kids).

I’m figuring out my pipeline now- I love non alcohol beers and will be attempting to have one on tap to enjoy through the week. Tastes better than soda to me.

Gonna try clawhammer’s psedo-party-gyle method for NA beer next brew day in October.