Hissing from pinlock quick disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickngrin

Reaction score
I just kegged a batch of pale ale tonight and when I attached the CO2 line to the corny, I heard some faint hissing from the gas quick-disconnect. I swapped it for another quick disconnect and still heard the same thing. The poppet valve does seem to sit properly -- I don't hear any air leak when I remove the quick disconnect.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Seems like a silly question, but are you force carbing your beer? When you first hook up your keg there will be a hiss of CO2 for awhile as it starts to get absorbed into the beer. If that's not the issue, then I would agree the outer o-ring is most likely the culprit.

The #111 orings that fit perfectly on the ball locks are just a bit too small for pinlocks. Once I switched to silicone orings with a little keg lube, my similar problem was solved.

Thanks for the input. Vfinch, yes, I force carbonated, but it just seems like if the quick disconnect turns slightly that there is some slight hissing.
I dropped by the local homebrew shop today and they had some o-rings but he didn't know which ones they were (pin-lock or ball-lock). I just picked up 3 ball-lock kegs today (thanks, Joe!), so now I need some gaskets for those too.
Is there a place I can make a small order for the o-rings without paying more for shipping than I do for the gaskets?

Latest posts

Back