Hill Farmstead thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the same group of girls, unusual for a beer release for sure. One of the girls did have a Cantillion sweatshirt on and they seemed to know way around the taproom. They were behind us in line so I did not see what they bought though.

On a side note, I will probably be staying at the BW Waterbury for FOFA and I'm down for 2 seats on the bang bus.

This may belong in the FOFA thread but as of now the wife and I will be staying at the BW as well. May switch to an Airbnb or something though to save some cash.

Females obviously have no interest in craft beer. They must only be there to mule for their boyfriends.

Point taken, and fair enough. I'm not a know it all in this area, nor do I pretend to be, but I've been to enough of these releases to know who is there because they want to be there and who is there as a helper.

Point taken, and fair enough. I'm not a know it all in this area, nor do I pretend to be, but I've been to enough of these releases to know who is there because they want to be there and who is there as a helper.

I can tell from some of the body language and from seeing quite a few mules in my time

Females obviously have no interest in craft beer. They must only be there to mule for their boyfriends.
I don't think anyone was implying this was the case. It's not that hard to tell who's there because they want to be when you're standing in the cold in line with them for a long time.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

BREAKING NEWS! MALES WITH ABOVE AVERAGE BMI CAN DEDUCE WHO FITS IN AND WHO DOES NOT WHILE STANDING IN LINE FOR A BEER. STORY AT 7!!

Jesus Christ, guys people.

Edited so as not to make the tragic mistake of gender stereotyping. That's on me.

Last edited:
tell me more?

I'm sure there will be a beautiful Instagram post about it, but I'm too excited

"Vera Mae (1889-1975) was our grandfather's eldest sister; Hill Farmstead Brewery rests upon the land that was once home to her and her 13 siblings. In her honor, this Farmstead® ale is crafted from American malted barley; Vermont organic spelt; organic buckwheat; organic wheat; hops; Vermont wildflower honey; dandelion flowers from our fields; our farmhouse yeast; and water from our well. This is the 2018 batch of our Farmstead® spring blossom ale, aged in wine barrels. 750ml"

We were going over social media stuff for Brews the other day (among many other things), and the new communications/marketing person made a point about how we need to make an effort to get more female followers on Instagram, as it is currently an 81% male/19% female split. I completely agreed, while also making the point that 19%, while sad, is still pretty damn good for the craft beer world!

We were going over social media stuff for Brews the other day (among many other things), and the new communications/marketing person made a point about how we need to make an effort to get more female followers on Instagram, as it is currently an 81% male/19% female split. I completely agreed, while also making the point that 19%, while sad, is still pretty damn good for the craft beer world!

http://www.girlspintout.org/

https://www.womenenjoyingbeer.com/

https://www.womenscraftbeercollective.com/

- Joe

Well I’m gonna continue my thread hijack. HF anniversary week is the greatest. Going two days in a row, alone nonetheless, is the shitlordiest thing I’ve ever done. But sooooo worth it. Art!!! (Samuel was even better imo.) Elab 2 elevated to top three most want to try status after 1 and 3 confirmed it is the sneaky best series in the repertoire. Everyone I chat with directly is the best dude, and yet everyone I overhear is talking about secondary. And last but not least, huevos at stagecoach somehow exceed the hype.

I miss Elab 4 and hope to try the b1 375 again someday. Definitely a big fan of the Elaborative series :)

And last but not least, huevos at stagecoach somehow exceed the hype.

John at The Old Stagecoach makes easily the best breakfast in the world. There's honestly no one else remotely in his class, in my estimation. These dishes are so much better than anything else I've had, in their styles, and this is true across so many different types of breakfast. It's just unbelievable the degree to which I enjoy these breakfasts more than other representations of the same style. I don't say this lightly either. It would be convenient if I didn't need to drive a thousand miles for my favorite breakfast, but that's just the reality of the situation.

John at The Old Stagecoach makes easily the best breakfast in the world. There's honestly no one else remotely in his class, in my estimation. These dishes are so much better than anything else I've had, in their styles, and this is true across so many different types of breakfast. It's just unbelievable the degree to which I enjoy these breakfasts more than other representations of the same style. I don't say this lightly either. It would be convenient if I didn't need to drive a thousand miles for my favorite breakfast, but that's just the reality of the situation.

This, but unironically.

It's funny but I think Cap is dead serious about this one.

**FOFA 2019 CHARTER BUS**
(aka Bang bus, aka brewbus, aka juice caboose)

Eleventeenth semi-annual get-on-the-bus-n-get there in style. Always a great time. Large luxury charter bus will meet behind the Waterbury Train Station at 8:45am on FOFA day. [Enter “5 Pilgrim Park Rd Waterbury VT 05676” to map it if you are unfamiliar with the area.] We will depart promptly at 9am and head straight to Hill Farmstead. Anticipated arrival will be 10:30am. The bus will remain on site for the duration of the festival, you will have access to it and it’s bathroom and will be available to hold any bottles purchased from the retail store prior to entry. Bus will depart Greensboro at approximately 4:15 and return back to Waterbury by 6pm.

Cost will be $36pp RT. Payment secures a seat. We will start with ONE bus. If that bus gets filled, a second bus may be added if the demand warrants. (This sells out every year, don't delay)

Please use [email protected] for contact & reservation and this Paypal pools link to submit payment.

*Subject heading* = FOFA BUS RESERVATION
Reservation must contain the following information:
Number of seats:
Names:
Phone # for day of event contact:

Any questions can be directed to me or the email listed above.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Please don't send payment to the email address. Use the PAYPAL POOLS link (as highlighted above) for payment. Paypal created this neat thing for people collecting money for a group where the collector will not be given a 1099 for the $$ that they take in. (ask me about year 1 & 2 of this...)
Thanks!

Back