High pressure picnic tap recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Beers

Reaction score
I’ve got a cocktail kegged up and sitting around 35psi. I don’t want to put it in an actual spot in my kegerator as I think it will take a long time to get through it. So I’ve got it in a spare fridge and connected a basic picnic tap to it. Don’t remember the exact brand I bought but I think it was like these:

MRbrew Plastic Faucet Liquid Dispenser Tap for Beer (Black Faucet) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LML1H4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AyV1EbAB29JNM

It leaks from this dispenser when it’s connected to the leg. It can’t handle the high pressure.

Anyone got a recommendation for a picnic tap/faucet that will work at this high of a pressure?

This might be the inexpensive answer (there's also an SS version that's 3x the price)
https://www.morebeer.com/products/pluto-beverage-gun-stainless-abs.html
1591146639662.png

Looks promising. You have/used one?

I have not. I recalled the SS version of that hand-held faucet had made an appearance elsewhere on HBT, didn't even know there was a cheaper model available. At that price it's worth a try, eh?

As for pressure, like seltzers I imagine the OP is looking for effervescence in excess of what most beer styles desire. 30-35psi is quite normal for that...

Cheers!

For what it is worth (this doesn't really help the op), we go through carbonated water like... water, which dispense at 30 PSI. Out of the standard faucet it likes to pop at the beginning and splash making a mess. I bought a Perlick flow control faucet and it dispenses like beer now.

Out of curiosity, why does it need to be at 35PSI for dispensing?
It definitely doesn’t “need” to be pressurized that high, but it’s quite refreshing and enjoyable with a high psi like that, served on ice. It definitely needs to be much more than the 10-15psi used for most beers.

Latest posts

Back