Hi, I'm new from Berdan Illinois.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlc904

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new. I have read several books on home brewing, but have not bought any equipment yet. I planted a Cascade hop vine this year and would like to plant more next year. I hope to buy some equipment soon and brew my first batch. I'll be asking lots of questions so any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome!!! Allow me to buy you the first round...:mug:

I'm one of your fans already just because you mentioned you've done some research on your own. Fantastic!!

Where's Berdan? I'm exit 27 off I-80...(it's the Jersey in me that makes me mention the exit...:D).

Welcome!
Grew up Chi Town Burbs, colege in carbondale-SIU. Worked at Pinch Penny Pub, that's how I got into brewing, love it!

1st advice- Dont skimp out on the basics. Get the biggest Brew Kettle you can, will prevent overflows in the future as they can be a huge stinky messs! Also, Sturdy strong metal spoon will help lift out heavy muslin bags.

2nd advice- Don't stress. I;m sure you will see a million of my earlier posts on here worried about the start of my fermentation. Everything always works out, just be patient.

Good luck, and cheers!

Greetings and welcome to the obsession. Don't know yet? Oh, you'll learn! It's all good though.

Back