HI From Pittsburgh Pa!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martafoos

Reaction score
Hi everyone~!
MY Boyfriend and I started brewing two weeks ago. I choose to go with a hoppy American IPA first because i love the hops. Dogfish head 90 and and old school, loose cannon, mad hatter ipa, hercules doube IPA., and good old reliable sierra nevada ipa are some of my favs amongst other different ones. Looking for tips to make a really great barleywine... something similar to the criminally bad elf 2006. Not last years it was way to sweet.

We started a red ale which we added in some crystal malt and some boulder cross hops for extra oomph! We decided not to go with the secondary fermenter on this one. We did use it for the ipa and i have no idea why now since i heard it was kinda pointless... unless you are dry hoppng it(which we are gonna do on our second batch)

If anyone has any imput i would just about love some!

Thanks!
Marta:mug:

martafoos said:
Hi everyone~!
MY Boyfriend and I started brewing two weeks ago. I choose to go with a hoppy American IPA first because i love the hops. Dogfish head 90 and and old school, loose cannon, mad hatter ipa, hercules doube IPA., and good old reliable sierra nevada ipa are some of my favs amongst other different ones. Looking for tips to make a really great barleywine... something similar to the criminally bad elf 2006. Not last years it was way to sweet.

We started a red ale which we added in some crystal malt and some boulder cross hops for extra oomph! We decided not to go with the secondary fermenter on this one. We did use it for the ipa and i have no idea why now since i heard it was kinda pointless... unless you are dry hoppng it(which we are gonna do on our second batch)

If anyone has any imput i would just about love some!

Thanks!
Marta:mug:
Welcome to a great forum from a south central Pa brewer.

Hey I was in Pittsburgh last week. You've got some great places for a beer lover to visit. I particularly liked Fat Head's and Fuel & Fuddle.

Back